Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Chocolatito Aims To Secure Sor Rungvisai Rematch, Says Loeffler

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
    What does HBO have to do with it? I usually watch HBO fights through british streams and few of the modern youtube streams I find have HBO commentary. You are 1-note with this HBO stuff. Squak, squak, squak.

Regarding Cuadras, can you read?? I said Choco's lost his footwork recently (like Cuadras-recent) and needs to find it again.
    hbo has everything to do with it, which people are waking up to biased commentary favoring come forward fighters and slating defensive fighters, they push guys like roman gonzalez and market him as the best when he isn't

Comment

Feel bad for Cuadras but you know the WBC is gonna play ball

Comment

Originally posted by lopez36 View Post
        he doesn't give rematches,so maybe the thai fighter should fight estrada
        He rematched Fransico Rosas @ jr lightweight. He had a terrible performance against him in Mexico in the first encounter being sick yet still went through with the fight and managed to get the win despite the victory he received heavy criticism for the poor performance so he had something to prove and accomplished this by way of KO in the rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeLazcan View Post
          hbo has everything to do with it, which people are waking up to biased commentary favoring come forward fighters and slating defensive fighters, they push guys like roman gonzalez and market him as the best when he isn't
          Yea, HBO is selling a product and their bias is ridiculous. If I'm watching an HBO broadcast, I usually turn the vol down because it does little other than irritate me.

My feelings about Gonzales are independent from that though. He wasn't P4P #1 for me and I even thought he lost this last fight. But, I do recognise he's a very talented guy.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeLazcan View Post
            it was great seeing the thai fighter pull it off, and he'll beat gonzalez again exposing hbo's manufactured champion, any real boxing fan knew roman was never p4p or even top 10, egoboxing on youtube covered this well
            He might not be P4P in this division but anyone that watched him 3-4 years and 2 divisions ago knows that he was pretty special.Maybe not P4P defense but his power was incredible for his size..P.S. I'm the only guy on here who made a public bet that Rungvisai would win "go check for yourself."Still though.Roman won't ever reach that peak again but he's going to be in some great fights in the near future
            Last edited by 123tommy; 03-31-2017, 06:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
              Yea, HBO is selling a product and their bias is ridiculous. If I'm watching an HBO broadcast, I usually turn the vol down because it does little other than irritate me.

My feelings about Gonzales are independent from that though. He wasn't P4P #1 for me and I even thought he lost this last fight. But, I do recognise he's a very talented guy.
              Yes I agree on this

Comment

Someone mentioned earlier that Gonzalez is in his prime, but at the lower weights this is not true. 30 is pretty old for anyone below super flyweight. Sure modern training and nutrition have upped the numbers for some, but while still a very good fighter, Gonzalez prime is probably already passed. Despite this, I agree he still has some good fights left in him for sure.

I also don't mind the opinion that Gonzalez is one of the best fighters, if not, the best fighter in the world. I think it's closed​ minded to say "oh, a pound for pound fighter doesn't come out of a fight looking like Gonzalez." I don't care what a fighter looks like before or after a fight. What should matter most is whether the fighter is consistently testing himself vs better and better fighters and continuing to win.

Comment

Boxingego sucks

Comment

Working...
                  X