No announcement yet.

Any Wrestling Fans on BoxingScene?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Box-Office View Post
    If anything I became more of a fan after I discovered its fake because I thought to myself who could've thought? "oh hey lets fake fight" Fascinating world.
    That's a great way to put it. People don't realize how much skill and talent it takes to make "fake fighting" look as realistic as possible in front of a live audience, not to mention cameras rolling while being watched by millions (and millions) of people. You can't yell "cut" in the middle of a wrestling match like you can while shooting a movie.

There's a true art behind it. Making it look like you're trying to destroy your opponent while you're simultaneously protecting them.

I might not have the same level of enthusiasm for wrestling as I did when I was as a kid, but I appreciate and respect it more as an adult that understands what goes into making a great wrestling match and storyline.
    Last edited by Willy Wanker; 02-19-2017, 04:46 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
      That's a great way to put it. People don't realize how much skill and talent it takes to make "fake fighting" look as realistic as possible in front of a live audience, not to mention cameras rolling while being watched by millions (and millions) of people. You can't yell "cut" in the middle of a wrestling match like you can while shooting a movie.

There's a true art behind it. Making it look like you're trying to destroy your opponent while you're simultaneously protecting them.

I might not have the same level of enthusiasm for wrestling as I did when I was as a kid, but I appreciate and respect it more as an adult that understands what goes into making a great wrestling match and storyline.

You know the pop you hear when a wrestler does a super kick/sweet chin music? The noise is them simultaneously slapping their thigh as the foot touches the face.

Watch James Storm from TNA do what he calls it "Last Call" super kick. The noise makes the kick look nasty especially cuz he doesn't wear pants so his legs aren't covered.

Comment

• Originally posted by Box-Office View Post
        You know the pop you hear when a wrestler does a super kick/sweet chin music? The noise is them simultaneously slapping their thigh as the foot touches the face.

Watch James Storm from TNA do what he calls it "Last Call" super kick. The noise makes the kick look nasty especially cuz he doesn't wear pants so his legs aren't covered.

Man, it took me a while to know how they made that sound. I knew they obviously weren't kicking their opponent's chin, I assumed they were hitting the chest.

I saw someone, but can't quite remember, probably one of the Usos who slapped his thigh and made it so obvious.

Comment

• Diamond Dallas Page in the hall of fame.

Comment

• Just read the story of Taz, and dreamer almost beating up Green Day.

Comment

• Seth Rollins won't compete at Wrestlemania.

Comment

• I used to be a massive WWE fan. But I kinda lost my love for the organization.

Now I'm just a fan of wrestlers, and pro wrestling.

Charlotte is my current fave still signed to the WWE. Reigns was up there, but Vince relentlessly shoving him down our throats Cena style is damaging him in the long term.

Speaking about Cena, if he EVER goes back to being the Doctor of Thugganomics, I'm falling back in love with WWE.

TNA is pretty much what I watch. The promos are ****, but the vignettes are well shot, and the in ring action makes me happy.

Comment

• Had a great time at a WWE house show. They gave their best and I say that because I was under the impression may be they'll half azz given their schedule & that it is not televised, but NOPE! Awesome show. Sold like pros.

I was on my phone for one second and Baron Corbin did the End of Days on Kalisto...........Dammit! I missed it. However, it was amazing seeing AJ Styles again after 9 Years from his TNA days to now a former WWE Champion.

Comment

• The Rock and Batista are now both under 6'3". Braun Strauman is closer to his billed height of 6'7"

Comment

• When I was Kid I used to love wrestling then I grew out of it. I think I need to get back in.

Comment

Working...
                      X