Collapse
No announcement yet.

alright athiests

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People who believe in fairy tales, lmao....

Comment

Originally posted by AddiX View Post
      People who believe in fairy tales, lmao....
      It's heartbreaking.

Every time I see a religious person, I feel embarrassed and sad for them; it hurts to see their ignorance.

I really pity them.

To think that they'll go through life believing in those stories, praying to silence.

It's a tragedy.

Comment

I swear this made my day. I laughed my as* off

Comment

Without the Creator, life itself is pointless... In reading a few opinions on this thread, it's apparent that gloom and doom are atheist conclusions...

Life itself is utterly miraculous... Everything about everything has impossible coordination between systems that could not have evolved independently on their own...

Science teaches us that everything is continuously deteriorating, proven and accepted... Yet darwinian evolution dictates that the simplest of things continuously grew into much more complex things... Both can't be correct...

Atheism is as much a faith as religion itself... It tries to answer the question of HOW without asking the question WHY...
          Their answer of HOW is scientifically impossible and yet they still hold on to this faith and criticize anyone else who doesn't share their faith in The Impossible...

The atheists have their faith...
          The reality about God is more than Faith...
          Until a person concludes that they can't explain rationally the reason for their existence and are willing to explore the possibilities, that person won't have growth, true fulfillment or be at Peace within themselves...

Look Atheists, you have your reasons for believing as you do... I don't doubt your resolve... However, if you want to take a scientific approach then you'll need to consider all possible Avenues to make a proper informed conclusion...

You'll need to open your mind to ask the right questions... There's more to life than the concrete tangible things we can see and touch.... You don't see Hate or Love floating in the air but yet can feel it's Effects or see them in others... Certain emotions can be linked to survival Instinct others clearly can't... Being afraid of a dangerous Shark is understandable but helping a beached one that's struggling to get back to the ocean is illogical in evolutionary terms...

Having compassion on a complete stranger (Without expecting anything in return or even expecting to see that individual ever again) is illogical from a darwinian perspective... Because you get nothing tangible out of it, therefore the ACT of compassion is illogical... Yet compassion exists, compassion for people and for other life forms (Animals and so on)...

If people have the capacity for something as illogical as intangible compassion then certainly other non-tangible things exist...
          Even Stephen Hawking, the Ultra atheist that he is, suggests that there is a endless possibility of realities.... In one of those realities, there is a creator who is God almighty and in human form became Christ Jesus...

Without considering the possibility that God actually exists you're denying yourself the potential answer to your reason for existence and the pursuit of Truth... I'm suggesting that you won't know for a certainly unless you are sincerely willing to ask God all your questions... Prayer is actually having a conversation with God... (Not asking Him for things like so many seem to do.)

Initially you'll have questions that you're asking answers for, but eventually when you're at peace with the answers, God will become part of you, dwell within you if you ask... Then Prayer will become more your expression of thankfulness for everything that you have and had no part in designing... Such as the Air you breath and the ground you walk on and the people you know and Love you feel & want to share...

Just ask with a sincere and open mind, seek your answers... You owe it to yourself to try... If you are not at Peace within yourself then something is missing...
          Choosing to be a bitter person or a unfulfilled person without Peace when Peace is potentially logically obtainable is illogical in evolutionary terms....
          Not seeking Answers that could lead to Understanding and ultimately to Peace within because you are stubbornly clinging to a certain ideology is having illogical faith in that ideology, therefore that becomes your religion if you don't realize that it already is...

I'm just suggesting that you don't be too chicken to ask those questions with an open mind and in sincerity to a God that you must realize Could exist...
          If you try hard and are truly continuously at peace within yourself with your understanding, (Whichever conclusions you come to.) then you would have attempted a scientific approach to Faith from the one angle you've refused to consider and that new peace you can live with....

So, if you don't try then you'll never truly know... If you 100% believe that God doesn't exist then what harm is there in seeking answers from Him ??? You've got nothing to lose and no excuses, nothing to fear... If you do have Fear then you are not 100% sure in your beliefs...

So either attempt to overcome your fear (That there is a God) by facing the possibility through sincere Prayer or take a harmless (Out of the box for you) approach to the question by testing Prayer with a open mind.... Either way, you'll find your answer if you don't chicken out...

Comment

Originally posted by MindGame View Post
            Without the Creator, life itself is pointless... In reading a few opinions on this thread, it's apparent that gloom and doom are atheist conclusions...

Life itself is utterly miraculous... Everything about everything has impossible coordination between systems that could not have evolved independently on their own...

Science teaches us that everything is continuously deteriorating, proven and accepted... Yet darwinian evolution dictates that the simplest of things continuously grew into much more complex things... Both can't be correct...

Atheism is as much a faith as religion itself... It tries to answer the question of HOW without asking the question WHY...
            Their answer of HOW is scientifically impossible and yet they still hold on to this faith and criticize anyone else who doesn't share their faith in The Impossible...

The atheists have their faith...
            The reality about God is more than Faith...
            Until a person concludes that they can't explain rationally the reason for their existence and are willing to explore the possibilities, that person won't have growth, true fulfillment or be at Peace within themselves...

Look Atheists, you have your reasons for believing as you do... I don't doubt your resolve... However, if you want to take a scientific approach then you'll need to consider all possible Avenues to make a proper informed conclusion...

You'll need to open your mind to ask the right questions... There's more to life than the concrete tangible things we can see and touch.... You don't see Hate or Love floating in the air but yet can feel it's Effects or see them in others... Certain emotions can be linked to survival Instinct others clearly can't... Being afraid of a dangerous Shark is understandable but helping a beached one that's struggling to get back to the ocean is illogical in evolutionary terms...

Having compassion on a complete stranger (Without expecting anything in return or even expecting to see that individual ever again) is illogical from a darwinian perspective... Because you get nothing tangible out of it, therefore the ACT of compassion is illogical... Yet compassion exists, compassion for people and for other life forms (Animals and so on)...

If people have the capacity for something as illogical as intangible compassion then certainly other non-tangible things exist...
            Even Stephen Hawking, the Ultra atheist that he is, suggests that there is a endless possibility of realities.... In one of those realities, there is a creator who is God almighty and in human form became Christ Jesus...

Without considering the possibility that God actually exists you're denying yourself the potential answer to your reason for existence and the pursuit of Truth... I'm suggesting that you won't know for a certainly unless you are sincerely willing to ask God all your questions... Prayer is actually having a conversation with God... (Not asking Him for things like so many seem to do.)

Initially you'll have questions that you're asking answers for, but eventually when you're at peace with the answers, God will become part of you, dwell within you if you ask... Then Prayer will become more your expression of thankfulness for everything that you have and had no part in designing... Such as the Air you breath and the ground you walk on and the people you know and Love you feel & want to share...

Just ask with a sincere and open mind, seek your answers... You owe it to yourself to try... If you are not at Peace within yourself then something is missing...
            Choosing to be a bitter person or a unfulfilled person without Peace when Peace is potentially logically obtainable is illogical in evolutionary terms....
            Not seeking Answers that could lead to Understanding and ultimately to Peace within because you are stubbornly clinging to a certain ideology is having illogical faith in that ideology, therefore that becomes your religion if you don't realize that it already is...

I'm just suggesting that you don't be too chicken to ask those questions with an open mind and in sincerity to a God that you must realize Could exist...
            If you try hard and are truly continuously at peace within yourself with your understanding, (Whichever conclusions you come to.) then you would have attempted a scientific approach to Faith from the one angle you've refused to consider and that new peace you can live with....

So, if you don't try then you'll never truly know... If you 100% believe that God doesn't exist then what harm is there in seeking answers from Him ??? You've got nothing to lose and no excuses, nothing to fear... If you do have Fear then you are not 100% sure in your beliefs...

So either attempt to overcome your fear (That there is a God) by facing the possibility through sincere Prayer or take a harmless (Out of the box for you) approach to the question by testing Prayer with a open mind.... Either way, you'll find your answer if you don't chicken out...
            I'm not fond of having conversations with myself, so I'd rather not.

I don't need to look for something that doesn't exist, either.

If you want to, then okay, I respect your beliefs & desires, but all those are just stories, from my perspective.

Science is at its early stages, but just because not every single question as to our origin has been answered doesn't mean that science cannot eventually explain them.

As to your scientific examples, I practically disagree with all of them; you're assuming a lot of things that you cannot prove. It's fine if you do that with your faith, but doing it with science doesn't work.

For example, compassion/collaboration isn't illogical in the human species. There are countless studies on the benefits of social collaboration between humans; humans are, by and large, gregarious beings, whether we like it or not.

And, in any case, if there were to be a God somehow, he's no friend of mine. I'd consider him an evil ruler right along with his little "devil" creation. I sure as heck wouldn't think of him as superior to me, even if he somehow miraculously existed.

He'd have to come see me 'cuz I'd like to try to kick his behind before he destroys me.

Atheism is the lack of faith. It should be treated with the same respect as a religious belief, but not having a religious belief doesn't equate to a religious belief, lol. It just means we think "believers" are really just talking to themselves or their walls, perhaps, nothing else.

In other words, being a regular person who doesn't believe in things that aren't scientifically proven doesn't equal some sort of mystical "faith" in and of itself. It just means we don't take part in any of that stuff. It's a lil disrespectful, in my opinion, when "believers" say that like if we're believing in something that can't be proven as how they are.

Science and life are all proven. Again, not all questions are answered, but we don't mind taking it one step at a time.

There's simply no evidence for Zeus or anybody else, so we're not going to believe in that.

We'll believe in what we can prove is real.

We'll leave the Buddha, Zeus, Hercules, Aphrodite, Sun gods and regular gods to you guys.
            Last edited by SunSpace; 01-19-2017, 05:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Monaco Slim View Post
              since you ****heads think you can explain absolutely everything, try explaining this

Modern bananas were actually genetically engineered 7000 years ago.

Natural bananas were mostly seeds and were basically inedible until humans starting genetically breeding them.

Corn is another genetically engineered modern food. Most modern crops have been selectively bred and modified by humans in one way or another, even livestock have been selectively bred.

Edit: Btw i'm not an atheist, i'm just educated.
              Last edited by DARKSEID; 01-19-2017, 05:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SunSpace View Post
                lol

I think this is the first time I've ever seen you troll someone.
                They didn't even spot it.

Comment

Originally posted by Enayze View Post
                  This is a problem for atheists not people who believe in God, because this world is the be all for you. There are kids who are born with down syndrome and all other sorts of problems due to generations of sin, which ironically is genetically supported. However, those children who pass away from things such as cancer will see God in paradise, and many children who grow up healthy like yourself, they are very likely to see eternal destruction.
                  Mr Blueprint himself. Hanging on to that "Imma gonna go to heaven when I die."

Comment

Originally posted by !WAR MIKEY! View Post
                    reason I hate atheist cause they always talking about god.
                    I have sympathy for you. I know how serious Mexicans take their Christianity so you were probably being force fed Christianity before you knew yourself. So it's hard for you to think otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by SunSpace View Post
                      It's messed up when people tie medical conditions or failure (and even success) to "God."

But, ultimately, I don't blame people (the ones that aren't faking it, of which there are MANY) who believe in God. I pity them. It's obvious that either the brainwashing was too strong, or that reality would be too tragic for them to accept by this point.

I can empathize with that. I used to be catholic; now that I live every day knowing what life really is, how this is all I have no matter how crappy it is, and that it will in all likelihood eventually get worse until I die, it's tough.

Not everyone can take that realization, so they rather pretend, on a subconscious level, that there's something more. That everything is for a reason.

They don't stop to question much why a God would put humans through this Hell.

I mean, honestly, if there were to be a God, he'd have no reason for all this exaggerated storyline of suffering. He could make a perfect world, including free will, by making perfect humans. That would be within his reach, because he is all-powerful.

Not to mention that, if there were a God, he'd be necessarily evil to put us through such a thing in the first place. It's akin to having a sick animal suffer needlessly. An all-powerful God would not need to succumb to such petty creations for his own entertainment. He could remain satisfied by himself. An all-powerful God would not need to "battle" the Devil. The devil would not have the power to "possess" bodies and so forth.

It's all quite exaggerated storytelling, which some people might need to get through life, if that's all they've ever known.

IDK.

Personally, I think people can grow up seeing that this life is all there is and be better for it. It would certainly highlight what's important in life, and maybe even get people to think twice about corruption/other "sins" that might ruin the lives of others and so forth. If not, then at least the poor would know that they have to fight to get what they want, instead of merely praying.

As they say, religion is the opiate of the masses.

But it is what it is. How am I supposed to tear away all that a person holds on to in order to remain relatively sane in a failure of a life? A waste of a life?

I believe we atheists should express our views freely, but we need to be careful when it comes to not imposing ourselves. We don't want to be how many religious people are in trying to force-feed views down people's throats. Ultimately, we shouldn't judge. Or, if we do feel it's BS, then we should keep it to ourselves, and not get upset with people who are too emotionally weak to take the same journey we did.
                      Damn, spot on again, man.

Red- I too pity Enayze.

Comment

Working...
                      X