Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Name a fighter from any era 160-175 that you will favor over Andre Ward.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Deathknight88 View Post
    Outside of Roy Jones Jr.

I will bet heavy money that 175 Spinks will knock Ward out. Cold. 175 Foster and 175 Charles as well. Harder to find at 168 and 160 though. Maybe Toney and Hopkins.
    Definitely Calzaghe.
    Prime Hopkins and Prime Toney beat Ward unanimously... Cokezaghe would get whupped.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Power View Post
      Does Ottke lose to anyone in the history of boxing at 168 in Germany?
      ha, hes already lost several times, but the judges and ref cheated him out of a loss.

Comment

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
        Prime Hopkins and Prime Toney beat Ward unanimously... Cokezaghe would get whupped.
        What if Calzahe discovered his grandfather was actually italian-american, and he got a us passport and moved to america? and wore the stars and stripes on his shorts against Ward?

i'd give him a good chance then

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
          Calzaghe demolishes Ward......
          Ward does to Calzaghe, what Calzaghe did to Lacy

As soon as Ward feels the mighty power of the slap, he'll Dawson his ass

Comment

There dozens of fighters that would be favored over Ward at these weights. You're talking about two of the most prestigious divisions in boxing history at middleweight and light heavyweight.

Comment

Originally posted by el*** View Post
              All of those losses he was over 40 where his own physical abilities declined. .
              please with the excuses will ya...he lost to jones, taylor 2X, calzaghe, & dawson...all athletic guys who could box, and sized up well with bernard...ward is an athletic guy who could box, and sizes up well with bernard, and given how he has handled everybody they put in front of him, i give him a good chance outboxing bernard yeah...clinchfest?...bernard wins that fight all day...

Comment

james toney
                bhop

to name a few

edit: duh and of course RJJ beats ward bad

Comment

Originally posted by djtmal View Post
                  please with the excuses will ya...he lost to jones, taylor 2X, calzaghe, & dawson...all athletic guys who could box, and sized up well with bernard...ward is an athletic guy who could box, and sizes up well with bernard, and given how he has handled everybody they put in front of him, i give him a good chance outboxing bernard yeah...clinchfest?...bernard wins that fight all day...
                  youre sayin andre ward can outbox a prime bernard?

say that out loud, and see if it makes sense, im betting it wont

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedKillz View Post
                    youre sayin andre ward can outbox a prime bernard?

say that out loud, and see if it makes sense, im betting it wont
                    HELL YA its possible...if jermain taylor could, if jones could, if calslappy (or whatever the **** you call him) could, listen to the words i'm saying...its possible ward could too...

Comment

Edited the original post.

I know he never fought at 175. Let's just assume at 175 he's exactly the same.
                      As for the MW'S. I'm not talking about draining Ward to MW. I'm saying just use his natural 168 self against natural 160 MW fighters.

Can any MW over come the size advantage in your opinion?

Comment

Working...
                      X