No announcement yet.

Mares low blows weren't on purpose

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
    I agree most of what the Showtime commentators were calling low blows were actually on the beltline.

I thought the Showtime crew were a disgrace tonight. They were extremely BIASED in favor of Agbeko and against Mares from the beginning, especially that slimey old Al Bernstein.

They wanted the Don King fighter to win for some reason.

Mares won the fight by a wider margin than the scorecards indicated. That 113-113 score was ridiculous, but they never mentioned that it was.

Interesting how in the Super Six, Andre Ward's home referees have permitted him to foul as much as he wants to, yet Al Bernstein doesn't seem to mind at all.
    Exactly what I've been saying. Tarver was especially biased...hmmmm...I wonder why?

Mares won a 10-2 decision IMHO, I fail to see how the judges had it so close.

Comment

From an objective view

Mares threw so many low blows I thought I was watching some noobs on Fight Night playing.

My buddy told me that the ref is notorious for being an *******. Even so he was amazed and we both agree he should be fired for that ****.

Comment

Stop your bias B.S., I'm a Mexican and I can say that stuff was a disgrace and Mares shouldn't even be proud of having that belt. That ref was either paid off to insure Mares won or he was flat out incompetent to ref a major fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1502 View Post
          It's a shame a great performance by Mares was tainted by his low blows but they weren't on purpose. He's not a cheap fighter and wasn't meaning to throw them that way but he did.

I thought some of the low blows were caused by Agbeko pulling Mares head down and many were right on the belt line in which the ref said was a legal shot.

I thought Mares outboxed Agbeko and the only real punch that effective for Agbeko was the counter right.

The low blows tainted a great performance by Mares.
          doesn't matter if he threw them on purpose or not, what matters is that they were not called by the ref, who's soul purpose is to call those type things during a fight.....

and sad to say, because of the ref's incompetence, i can't subscribe to the mares win......... it's about as impressive as a paper champ win.......

i don't fault mares, he fought his arse off, and he came to win, he just had complete carte blanche inside that ring with russell mora......

mares could've hit agbeko with a chair and he would've warned agbeko for being in his way.......

it was a complete **** job by russell mora and not only should a suspension in order for that clown, but a rightful protest of that fight in making it a no contest should be in order as well as an immediate rematch..

and for all of you who would like to say, if it was the other way around, i wouldn't mind, you'd be WRONG, because the integrity of boxing is on the line, and I am about fairness inside the ring, and when it ever happens to a fighter that i like, that gets favoritism, I call for the same stuff, if it ever happens, usually it's the guys that I like that get the shaft....

I like mares, but not this win, this win is tainted by the biased ref.......

if mares doesn't rematch agbeko immediately or within his next two fights, I will not be fan of his and automatically think he felt he indeed needed the refs help...... thats if he doesn't rematch agbeko within his next two fights......

they fought hard and well, but the ref really ****ed it up, it's not fair that one guy gets to reap the benefits of a fight full of fouls, while the other guys gets the shidt end of the stick.........

agbeko should've fouled him right back, and maybe even crack the ref in the nutz and said " **** it, I'll fight this guy when I don't have to fight the ref at the same time! "

you can't deny that the unfairness benefitted mares throughout this fight, which ultimately lead to him winning....... he should've had at least two points taken away from him and only one knockdown scored........

another ref ruins a night of good fight action..........

RUSSELL MORA is a worthless sack of (fill in the blank) ____________!

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
            I agree most of what the Showtime commentators were calling low blows were actually on the beltline, and Agbeko was deliberately using the head, yet they didn't say much about it.

I thought the Showtime crew were a disgrace tonight. They were extremely BIASED in favor of Agbeko and against Mares from the beginning, especially that slimey old Al Bernstein.

They wanted the Don King fighter to win for some reason.

Mares won the fight by a wider margin than the scorecards indicated. That 113-113 score was ridiculous, but they never mentioned that it was.

Interesting how in the Super Six, Andre Ward's home referees have permitted him to foul as much as he wants to, yet Al Bernstein doesn't seem to mind at all.
            Look at this Nazi

Comment

lol come on now. 4 or 5 low blows is one thing. there were like 20 dude!!! lol and he even did that to darch, who i don't even like!!!!

Comment

Working...
              X