No announcement yet.

Wilder is unloading a bunch of tickets to firemen

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wilder is unloading a bunch of tickets to firemen

I guess they got lots of tickets to spare. Shout out to the lil' homie Sciputo 2009 who undoubtedly will say how this fight is almost sold out. Here is Big Dan Rafael's story I just read:

Heavyweight world titleholder Deontay Wilder is scheduled to visit Los Angeles Fire Department Station 3 on Tuesday afternoon to present L.A. Fire Department Chief Ralph Terrazas with tickets to distribute to area first responders in recognition of those who battled the recent wild fires in Southern California. Wilder will defend his title against lineal champion Tyson Fury on Saturday at Staples Center in Los Angeles in the main event of the Showtime PPV card (9 p.m. ET).

Dan Rafael, ESPN Senior Writer

What’s the problem? All shows do **** like this. It’s good publicity. sports teams do it with veterans groups all the time.

Comment

I’ve seen numerous reports of them giving tickets away , the last thing they want on Saturday is an empty arena so logical thing is to give tickets to good causes like this because they ain’t earning money out of having thousands of empty seats anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
        What’s the problem? All shows do **** like this. It’s good publicity. sports teams do it with veterans groups all the time.
        Don't mind that guy; he lives his own sad life, so it's whatever.

Even if it's 50 tickets, a fight week story (that will get picked up by the LA Times) of an American heavyweight champion of the world, reaching out to the public servants who are risking their necks not to see SoCal burn, is somehow linked back to how well/ not well the rest of the tickets in a 20000-seat venue are going, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
          Don't mind that guy; he lives his own sad life, so it's whatever.

Even if it's 50 tickets, a fight week story (that will get picked up by the LA Times) of an American heavyweight champion of the world, reaching out to the public servants who are risking their necks not to see SoCal burn, is somehow linked back to how well/ not well the rest of the tickets in a 20000-seat venue are going, lol.
          Especially since it’s Wilder handinf out the tickets. It’s an easy news story/photo op and it promotes the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Kezzer View Post
            I’ve seen numerous reports of them giving tickets away , the last thing they want on Saturday is an empty arena so logical thing is to give tickets to good causes like this because they ain’t earning money out of having thousands of empty seats anyway?
            Warren and Wilder will buy out the tickets themselves and fill the arena , I told posters this but they didn't get it.

Comment

Originally posted by killakali View Post
              I guess they got lots of tickets to spare. Shout out to the lil' homie Sciputo 2009 who undoubtedly will say how this fight is almost sold out. Here is Big Dan Rafael's story I just read:

Heavyweight world titleholder Deontay Wilder is scheduled to visit Los Angeles Fire Department Station 3 on Tuesday afternoon to present L.A. Fire Department Chief Ralph Terrazas with tickets to distribute to area first responders in recognition of those who battled the recent wild fires in Southern California. Wilder will defend his title against lineal champion Tyson Fury on Saturday at Staples Center in Los Angeles in the main event of the Showtime PPV card (9 p.m. ET).

Dan Rafael, ESPN Senior Writer

Lies Lies Lies...All Lies. Tickets sold out. Eddie Heard and Arum bad. Al Haymon good. Must protect Al Haymon - WBC WBA IBF!

Comment

Who cares? Do you get a cut?

Comment

I unloaded on some firemen as well .

Comment

There's enough success in boxing for everyone. One banner does not have to fall for the next to prosper. These petty unnecessary grudes being invented towards the random fighter or organization doesn't do anything but holt progress. Look the situation is easy to read. It's a pattern. And there's two sides to this foolishness. The people who are fans of AJ see wilder as threat. So instead of having confidence in their guy they take the opposite approach. They develop some weird hate for wilder and wish him to lose. Hope he doesn't sell tickets or ppvs. They want wilder to have no popularity because they think that will prevent the fight. It's not a good look. The Floyd fans did it for many and vice versa. Canelo/ggg fans started a smear campaign against each boxer "lil g" mr.97k". It shows your insecuritie nd lack of faith in your guy. Let's wish all these guys the best if success. And let's find out who the best is in the ring, not by compare fight purses or endorsement deals.
                    Last edited by Lopez_Boxing; 11-27-2018, 05:47 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X