Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this the correct order of the Heavyweight titles?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is currently no differentiation between organisation titles

They are all corrupt. The IBF probably least so, but their rankings are abysmal. There really is no difference.

Are we really prepared to say Garcia was historys champion over Pacquiao, because he held the WBC? No, of course not.

Nowadays, the fighter makes the title.

So in order, it would look like this:

WBC - Wilder / WBO - Parker
    IBF Joshua
    WBA / Ring / Lineal - Vacant

I can't differentiate between a Stiverne win, or Ruiz & Takam. There are non champions like Klitschko and Pulev who rank higher than the champions.

The winner of Joshua/Klitschko for the WBA/IBF will have the most legitimate championship, however.

Comment

Originally posted by Scholar View Post
      Also agree that this Super and World champion lark from the WBA diminishes the prestige a bit, making the WBC the top title. Few years back WBA/WBC were about level.
      This is your own perspective.

Comment

Originally posted by techliam View Post
        This is your own perspective.
        Och aye, tis why we're all here.

Comment

A few more examples highlighting how titles are not more important than the fighter:

Light Heavyweight.

WBA/IBF/WBO - Ward or Kovalev (depends on who you thought won)
          then Ward or Kovalev
          then Joe Smith Jr
          then WBC/Lineal - Stevenson
          Ring - Vacant

Middleweight

WBA/WBC/IBF Golovkin
          Jacobs
          Lemiuex/Saunders or Lineal/Ring - Canelo

Titles are more for selling fights, not vesting some sort of legacy. If McGregor was to beat Floyd, he'd be the best in the sport bar none. No titles to mess around with

Comment

Fury is lineal because he beat "the man"

He'll be stripped of the RING belt due to inactivity, but he's still lineal until such time that he is ever beaten or the overwhelming concensus describes someone else as lineal through mass unification or the time frame of Fury not boxing deems it so.

right now... The overweight cocaine addicted kebab eating gypsy is still lineal.

Comment

Originally posted by Sadiqkingofko View Post
              Tyson Fury is going to be stripped on May unless he fights a top 5 opponent by the ring
              is weird that this dont apply to canelita. oh wait is not weird at all since ginger c.unt's promotor own the ring magazine.
              Last edited by betmen; 03-18-2017, 08:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by betmen View Post
                is weird that this dont apply to canelita. oh wait is not weird at all ginger c.unt's promotor own the ring magazine.
                Canelo will also be stripped in May

Comment

These modern day, social-media generation fans seem to think the lineal title is a popularity contest all of a sudden. As yammy25 said, Tyson Fury has to be beaten in the ring to lose the title or permanently retire.

Comment

I think the most unpretentious title is WBC so, Look at Wilder's defence fights... Mexicans and Americans have bought this federation.

Comment

Originally posted by Scholar View Post
                      These modern day, social-media generation fans seem to think the lineal title is a popularity contest all of a sudden. As yammy25 said, Tyson Fury has to be beaten in the ring to lose the title or permanently retire.
                      Its a strange one really

I only usually accept someone as a 'lineal champion' if they are universally recognised as so.

I didn't recognise Floyd when he beat Mosley (because Pacquiao was no.1 after beating Cotto), but I recognised him after he beat Manny - all disputes settled.

With Fury, CBZ recognise him still, as do the RING. TBRB don't however. I think there is clear uncertainty as to whether or not he retired

Comment

Working...
                      X