No announcement yet.

The difference: today's slaves work at Amazon and Applebee's rather than mines

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dumpster Juice View Post
    They built that economy. Can't blame them for taking full advantage of it. You are lazy for thinking they should have left it for you instead.
    I think every one of them Boomers should be forced to do mandatory "wal-mart service"

6 months on a 50 hour week at minumum wage being sneered at and berated by the very people they are trying to serve.

See how smug they are then.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
      I agree with the red but disagree with the blue. I think there is more opportunity to make money now than ever before. But the problem is we're all taught you have to go to college and get an education. You end up hundreds of thousands in debt and a job that doesn't pay enough. But there are a lot of ways to make money out here without a college degree. But you have to do it on your own. You can't walk into a building and be set for life. And everybody can't work for themselves
      I largely agree with you, but our education system doesn't reward you for excelling at much beyond memorizing sh^t. Being a self starter & creative thinker isn't something our school system values & therefore while you are right there are plenty of opportunities the education of those who could do this sorta sh^t isn't as vast as it could be.

Comment

I agree with the red but disagree with the blue. I think there is more opportunity to make money now than ever before. But the problem is we're all taught you have to go to college and get an education. You end up hundreds of thousands in debt and a job that doesn't pay enough. But there are a lot of ways to make money out here without a college degree. But you have to do it on your own. You can't walk into a building and be set for life. And everybody can't work for themselves
        I agreed. When I was in highschool 20 years ago, I noticed the school administrators hardly pushed to learn a trade. The welders, plumbers, electricians, machinists, auto mechanics, refrigeration, make pretty good money, especially if they live in a large metropolitan area. Learn a valuable trade, save it, then open up a business.

Comment

Originally posted by Theodore View Post
          I agreed. When I was in highschool 20 years ago, I noticed the school administrators hardly pushed to learn a trade. The welders, plumbers, electricians, machinists, auto mechanics, refrigeration, make pretty good money, especially if they live in a large metropolitan area. Learn a valuable trade, save it, then open up a business.
          Friend owns a 4 apt building in NY. The furnace went out. Had to call the repairman after hours. He pulled up in a Porsche Cattera

Comment

Friend owns a 4 apt building in NY. The furnace went out. Had to call the repairman after hours. He pulled up in a Porsche Cattera
            Did he get it from China?

Comment

Working...
            X