No announcement yet.

I've solved the Team Fury split saga.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've solved the Team Fury split saga.

Let me start by saying I've been a big Team Fury fan from day 1. I have a signed, framed photograph of Tyson with all the belts in the ring in Dusseldorf. This doesn't blind me from seeing what was really going on though. Now, there is no doubt in my mind that the Fury's were on PEDs. And I am not just hating, I am being honest as a fan. I can not ignore all the coincidences. I would say it is fact they were doping in some way.

What seems to have happened is a third-party convinced them they needed that extra edge. Likely a member of Tyson's entourage who wasn't tight with the rest of the family. Maybe Tyson and his brothers/cousins were more on board than Peter Fury. Maybe Peter didn't like it but went along because he had Tyson on the verge of shocking the world leading his stable.

However it went down, Tyson, Hughie, Young Fury and Tommy Fury were all on PEDs of some form. For whatever reason the three lesser Fury's started showing stereotypical signs of steroid use but Tyson didn't.

I think once that witch hunt happened with Tyson and Hughie, I think Peter felt bitter and regret over letting that stuff happen in the first place. He allowed his own rep, and that of Hughie's to be brought into question because he didn't want to rock the boat. Meanwhile Tyson was off thinking he was Tony Montana and not giving a damn.

Now, Peter and Hughie are doing their own thing using the methods they've wanted to use from the start, there is no doubt they will be clean from herein. Young Fury dropped out of the sport around the time of the witch hunt. Tommy has just turned pro and his physique is massively different from around the time of the positive tests of Tyson and Hughie.

It's impossible to say if Tyson will use again or if he's clean from now on. I think it's a terrible shame because Peter and Tyson were the perfect match. It's possible that people are in Tyson's ear that may have been partly responsible for talking them into using the PEDs in the first place, and Peter doesn't want any part of that going forward.

This in my mind is 99.9% what happened and why Team Fury have gone their separate ways. There is no other explanation. Peter didn't abandon Tyson because he went off the rails. These people are the type to rally behind their own in that kind of situation. Big John is always going to stand behind his son. It is definitely something more sinister behind the scenes which caused the split.

Yeah maybe or maybe Tyson is just an arrogant prick and Peter can't stand him?

Comment

One thing we all knew was they were all on some type of PED back then. You remember this?

https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...d.php?t=739433

Comment

Making a lot of assumptions there.

Peter Fury is not interested in training someone who isn't committed, and I think that's what is at the core here. He doesn't mess about or waste time talking about Tyson any more because he isn't his fighter. He's likely annoyed that Tyson ditched Mick and went his own way, all about loyalty is Peter.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
          One thing we all knew was they were all on some type of PED back then. You remember this?

https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...d.php?t=739433
          Haha! The Fury's should join the WWE.

Comment

Originally posted by Vinnykin View Post
            Making a lot of assumptions there.

Peter Fury is not interested in training someone who isn't committed, and I think that's what is at the core here. He doesn't mess about or waste time talking about Tyson any more because he isn't his fighter. He's likely annoyed that Tyson ditched Mick and went his own way, all about loyalty is Peter.
            So why did he cut ties with Young Fury? And show no interest training Tommy Fury?

Comment

where did u get the signed framed photograph of Tyson with all the belts in the ring in Dusseldorf ?

5 quid off ur local ***** ?

Comment

good thread....do you believe the whole depression and drugs story that suddenly popped up when he got popped for peds?

Comment

Originally posted by W1LL View Post
                  So why did he cut ties with Young Fury? And show no interest training Tommy Fury?
                  Did he cut ties or did Young Fury just give up the sport? he was never that committed any way, done it part-time.

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post
                    good thread....do you believe the whole depression and drugs story that suddenly popped up when he got popped for peds?
                    Yes he defo went off the rails.

Comment

Working...
                    X