Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

That was a great first title defense for Crawford.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought Benavidez did well considering people were expecting Crawford to mow him down in 5 or 7 rounds.

Comment

ive said it before ive never known a p4p level fighter wrapped in so much cotton wool. when lomachenko stepped up he fought linares, when crawford stepped up he fought the world number 31 coming off the back of fights against 2 guys ranked outside the top 300 and 400 respetively. great title defence doe....

Comment

Originally posted by iamboxing View Post
        I thought Benavidez did well considering people were expecting Crawford to mow him down in 5 or 7 rounds.
        Bud Crawford is methodical and patient. He wears you down like a cheap suit. Benavidez had a good game plan but didn't stick to it! Early on I think Crawford gave Benavidez a taste of his power. Bud landed to the body in the 2nd rd and made Benavidez take a step back and shake his head.

He did that several times in the fight. Bud picked up the pace in the third round, repeatedly landing combinations to the head and body and again forcing Benavidez to take a step back. All those punches would take its toll in the later rounds.

Good fight! I'm glad Crawford didn't call anyone out! When you are the top dog all on comers come to you not the other way around.

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
          ive said it before ive never known a p4p level fighter wrapped in so much cotton wool. when lomachenko stepped up he fought linares, when crawford stepped up he fought the world number 31 coming off the back of fights against 2 guys ranked outside the top 300 and 400 respetively. great title defence doe....

Well Loma's #1 P4P for a reason. Now that Crawford's got this first title defense out of the way he can try to make his own case for # 1 P4P by unifying with one of the other champs.

Can't wait to see what's next!

Comment

Originally posted by Santa_ View Post
            Well Loma's #1 P4P for a reason. Now that Crawford's got this first title defense out of the way he can try to make his own case for # 1 P4P by unifying with one of the other champs.

Can't wait to see what's next!
            i hope he does unify with one of the other champs i want to see him in a good fight thats all

Comment

Originally posted by TJ highway View Post
              Bud Crawford is methodical and patient. He wears you down like a cheap suit. Benavidez had a good game plan but didn't stick to it! Early on I think Crawford gave Benavidez a taste of his power. Bud landed to the body in the 2nd rd and made Benavidez take a step back and shake his head.

He did that several times in the fight.
              Bud picked up the pace in the third round, repeatedly landing combinations to the head and body and again forcing Benavidez to take a step back. All those punches would take its toll in the later rounds.

Good fight! I'm glad Crawford didn't call anyone out! When you are the top dog all on comers come to you not the other way around.

Those straight lefts downstairs were a thing of beauty. It definitely helped out in the later rounds.

Comment

Working...
              X