Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum: Thurman Wouldn't Have Much of a Chance Against Crawford

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dle View Post
    Uncle bob trying to set up a cooker that he’ll prevent from happening like he kept PAC away from Floyd until Floyd caught Pac alone at a ballgame.
    Someone is paying attention! Thank you,

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
      it would be an easy fight for thurman but dont think haymon would ever let it happen. hes got a good thing going with thurman. thatas why he wont let spence take him out. thurmans a good solid fighter but hes a pattern fighter like khan. a good thinking fighter like crawford would take him apart.
      Why are you so backwards??

Comment

Originally posted by factsarenice View Post
        Crawford is well schooled, intelligent and ambidextrous, he's a problem for anyone and that includes Thurman .

Personally, I think Crawford ko's Garcia and decisions Porter fairly easy.
        Which Garcia, Mickey or DSG?

Comment

Originally posted by factsarenice View Post
          In the end, Arum is right
          Bottom line, your both wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
            I agree with Arum.

As good as Thurman is, Crawford is just much better. That's why some rank him P4P #1. Spence is a different story. Crawford would get brutalized in a valiant effort within the distance.

In short, Spence is the man to go to at welter.
            I like Bud but he is unproven at 147 & I can see Thurman beating Errol if he boxes & keeps Errol at bay & I can see Errol stopping Thurman with a body-shot so until Bud can prove something at 147 its all up in the air....

Comment

Originally posted by Dle View Post
              Uncle bob trying to set up a cooker that he’ll prevent from happening like he kept PAC away from Floyd until Floyd caught Pac alone at a ballgame.
              Yet it was Floyd himself who said he let that fight "marinate" for five years.

Comment

Originally posted by Realizniguhnit View Post
                On a skill 4 skill level Crawford is probably the closest to Floyd as far as It doesn't look spectacular from the outside he's not the fastest or strongest and looks venerable at times but the skill gets him through fights an he finds a way to win fights.

Thurman is really not as big as he thinks he is and people act like some Folks can't grow into 147 over time well Bud has and he's now a bigger specimen than Thurman is physically and Thurman with his wide swinging punches would get clipped imo
                Are you trying to set yourself up for failure?

Comment

Originally posted by PensionKiller View Post
                  Crawford is talented but let's see how he does at Welter first. Spence is the main guy at Welter for me, especially from the time we heard he busted Floyd up in sparring. He was on my radar from that point and I can see everyone avoid him in their own way.
                  He was on my radar ever since they sparred also....I like when people pay attention....

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
                    Yet it was Floyd himself who said he let that fight "marinate" for five years.
                    Floyd is only saying that to give himself credit for it prolonging & making more $, he trying to make himself look like a better business man. Remember it was Floyd & his team that presented the fight to manny in 2009 & it was bob that said no to the fight....

Comment

Originally posted by North Star View Post
                      I think Bud ruined whatever was left of Gamboa that night. He beat him up pretty bad until the stoppage, early scare or not.

The thing with Thurman is, he rarely throws combinations. Pot-shotting is not the way to go versus Crawford. Thurman has been a back foot fighter for a minute now and hardly applies pressure. This is a bad style match up for Thurman IMO. Bud does everything better. The only question I have is if Bud can bring up his power to 147. If he does, nobody short of Spence will be an even fight.
                      I never thought Gamboa would win the fight based on how he looked in his previous fight. I think the long lay off and apparent lack of discipline ruined Gamboa, Crawford put the nail in the coffin.

I'm still a big believer in Thurman. I know he gets knocked a lot because he didn't look good against some mediocre opponents but I think he's a lot better fighter than he gets credit for.

Comment

Working...
                      X