Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

can we quit absolving fighters of all responsibilities for fights not happening....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fighters who want to fight a guy, do. When they don’t, it doesnt happen.

Comment

The problem here, Drama Show, is you say all that, but then you absolve AJ of any blame for ducking Wilder?

Comment

Originally posted by The Madison View Post
        If u followed boxing you'd realise he's injured. And if they are around in the same division and lomachenko starts dragging up in house bums and avoids Mikey then I will call him out on it.
        His shoulder is injured, not his mouth. He is doing that by fighting Beltran next, which he discussed while injured instead of Mikey. So were waiting for you to criticize him.

Just a terrible job of trying to disguise your real agenda. Don't worry though, going forward we will blame fighters when fights don't happen, not promoters as you wish.

Comment

Originally posted by White Willie View Post
          The problem here, Drama Show, is you say all that, but then you absolve AJ of any blame for ducking Wilder?
          They offered him 15 mill which is more than enough. Wilders ego stopped that fight happening.

Comment

Originally posted by SniXSniPe View Post
            Lomachenko has had surgery and is recouping. That's a legitimate excuse-- but despite this, he's still probably going to take on a world champ in his return fight.

What injury has Crawford or Spence had?

Injury--- no, SURGERY is a legitimate excuse, since when has it never not been?
            Yes he is but the TS doesn't care about injuries. You have to read the whole back and forth, not just that post to get the whole context.

Now he will use injury as an excuse.
            Last edited by The Big Dunn; 08-20-2018, 12:18 PM.

Comment

Both fighters are usually to blame in some sort or form for fights not happening.

Wilder Joshua is a prime example. You can argue both reasons for a reason - both are not blameless and depending on your viewpoint you blame the opposite side.

Far easier to ignore he hype and watch the fights which are announced

Comment

Yep...it's clear Jerome charlo is ducking Jacobs.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                  I agree that it isn't always the promoter. That is why I blame GGG for fighting Vanes and not a better guy once Canelo tested positive.

I hope dramashow stays true to this and blames Loma for fighting beltran instead of not making Arum make the Mikey fight. He has been LOUD about Crawford not asking for a Spence fight but eerily silent on Loma doing same relative to a Mikey fight, so here is his chance to rectify that.

I hope he blames AJ for not making the Wilder fight instead of Hearn. AJ is the draw and should demand Hearn make Wilder a credible offer, not one that blocks the fight from happening.

I also hope the TS changes his position and blames GGG if he doesn't fight Charlo. Relative to this fight, he posted Charlo hasn't earned a fight with GGG rather than blaming GGG for not making a fight with him.

Any of you that cosign this need to know that dramashow feels black fighters are not criticized like GGG, Loma and other eastern European or Russian fighters when it comes to fights not happening.

Be careful attaching yourself to him and his warped, pathetic agenda.
                  Now see, I remember you saying that neither Hearn nor AJ really want the fight with Wilder right now. I agree with that statement more than it just being AJ or Hearn singularly. While I doubt that a promoter alone can dictate to a superstar whom he fights, I do believe he or she can be persuasive. I can see Joshua telling Hearn that he wants to fight Wilder now. And I can see Hearn telling him that he should wait, as he only has 21 fights to Wilder's 40. And why not get more experience, all the while making money, increasing his popularity and building anticipation for the fight? I can also see Wilder and his people not really wanting the fight so badly. Why not take that $15 million, go to England, beat AJ in front of his 89k fans (assuming Wilder would have at least 1k fans there), then command a mint if Joshua wants a rematch? He'd be the man right? He swears he'll KO Joshua, right? Wrong, because it's easier said than done, and Wilder wants to make sure he's set in case Joshua starches him.

Comment

Originally posted by SUBZER0ED View Post
                    Now see, I remember you saying that neither Hearn nor AJ really want the fight with Wilder right now. I agree with that statement more than it just being AJ or Hearn singularly. While I doubt that a promoter alone can dictate to a superstar whom he fights, I do believe he or she can be persuasive. I can see Joshua telling Hearn that he wants to fight Wilder now. And I can see Hearn telling him that he should wait, as he only has 21 fights to Wilder's 40. And why not get more experience, all the while making money, increasing his popularity and building anticipation for the fight? I can also see Wilder and his people not really wanting the fight so badly. Why not take that $15 million, go to England, beat AJ in front of his 89k fans (assuming Wilder would have at least 1k fans there), then command a mint if Joshua wants a rematch? He'd be the man right? He swears he'll KO Joshua, right? Wrong, because it's easier said than done, and Wilder wants to make sure he's set in case Joshua starches him.
                    I am on record as saying Hearn/AJ didn't want the fight next. My issue is pretending the Wilder fight is next when everything points to you wanting to launch DAZN with a AJ fight that isn't PPV in the USA.

Relative to this discussion-I think promoters and networks prevent fights from happening. TR has a deal with ESPN, Crawford is an ESPN exclusive fighter. I don't think he, nor Loma for that matter, could command ESPN or Arum to make a fight.

Dramashow is just creating a fake controversy.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                      I am on record as saying Hearn/AJ didn't want the fight next. My issue is pretending the Wilder fight is next when everything points to you wanting to launch DAZN with a AJ fight that isn't PPV in the USA.

Relative to this discussion-I think promoters and networks prevent fights from happening. TR has a deal with ESPN, Crawford is an ESPN exclusive fighter. I don't think he, nor Loma for that matter, could command ESPN or Arum to make a fight.

Dramashow is just creating a fake controversy.
                      I almost forgot about the DAZN debacle. Yes, that was whack.

I agree that neither Crawford nor Loma have the star power to command a network nor a promoter. Crawford expressed disdain for his fight with Horn only being available on ESPN+, believing it short-changed his exposure.

Comment

Working...
                      X