No announcement yet.

The official lounge stock market & investment advice thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
    Market getting crushed today, specifically tech which is to be expected as Netflix n Tesla coming back to reality.

China has really tanked hard, but I see it as a buying opportunity. Added to my CQQQ position. Eyeing alibaba and tencent individually
    Dude. Nah.
    You don't got it anymore.

Comment

• Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
      Dude. Nah.
      You don't got it anymore.
      You never had it in the first place.
      Just look back on this thread and see how right I am.

Not my fault you hang with liars n losers on here

Comment

You never had it in the first place.
        Just look back on this thread and see how right I am.

Not my fault you hang with liars n losers on here
        Right about?

post numbers?

Comment

• Any Tesla investors in here? It's been a pretty wild month for Tesla as Elon Musk tweeted out that he was considering taking the company private and would buyout investors at $420 per share. He even said that the financing was in place to execute this buyout.

Fast forward a couple weeks later and he basically said "Oh, I changed my mind after talking to investors."

So far I have stayed away from this stock because of Musk's record of coming short of lofty production goals and the company's continual cash burn. I admire Elon Musk immensely but there's seems to be too much unpredictability for my risk appetite.

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonGuy
            Any Tesla investors in here? It's been a pretty wild month for Tesla as Elon Musk tweeted out that he was considering taking the company private and would buyout investors at $420 per share. He even said that the financing was in place to execute this buyout.

Fast forward a couple weeks later and he basically said "Oh, I changed my mind after talking to investors."

So far I have stayed away from this stock because of Musk's record of coming short of lofty production goals and the company's continual cash burn. I admire Elon Musk immensely but there's seems to be too much unpredictability for my risk appetite.
            I've always thought it's been very over priced, and Musk just said he changed his mind cos he's getting sued for releasing false information to artificially inflate the stock price. He was never going private.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
              Any Tesla investors in here? It's been a pretty wild month for Tesla as Elon Musk tweeted out that he was considering taking the company private and would buyout investors at $420 per share. He even said that the financing was in place to execute this buyout.

Musk is brilliant but horrible CEO.

Incredibly mismanaged company. I have no doubt they lie about numbers over the summer.

In the “Jenner rips Snapchat” thread from earlier this year I broke down how Tesla was ****ed up and a horrible investment at this time.
              I made nice money flipping OTM $300 puts.

Comment

• Do you guys consider the Acorns app to be a good way to get into investing? Thinking of throwing a few hundred down into their "aggressive" portfolio and seeing what happens.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                  Do you guys consider the Acorns app to be a good way to get into investing? Thinking of throwing a few hundred down into their "aggressive" portfolio and seeing what happens.
                  I've heard of the them and it seems like a novel ideal but is there fee structure?

Comment

Musk is brilliant but horrible CEO.

Incredibly mismanaged company. I have no doubt they lie about numbers over the summer.

In the “Jenner rips Snapchat” thread from earlier this year I broke down how Tesla was ****ed up and a horrible investment at this time.
                    I made nice money flipping OTM $300 puts.
                    I love reading stories about Musk. There was one last week where he said he works 120 hours a week and sleeps on the factory floor...

And as you know, he regularly makes unrealistic and overly ambitious forecasts for Tesla's production runs. However, I do have a lot of admiration for someone who leads like that and has that much confidence in himself.

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
                      I've heard of the them and it seems like a novel ideal but is there fee structure?
                      They charge $1 a month for taxable accounts.

$2 a month for IRAs.

That's for accounts below $5,000. Once you go over that they charge 0.25% of the balance per year.

Comment

Working...
                      X