Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Social Worker laughed at 13 yr old girl as she reported of being raped by "Asian Men"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [REAL TALK] Social Worker laughed at 13 yr old girl as she reported of being raped by "Asian Men"

Rape victim, 13, reveals her social worker LAUGHED when she found out she was being sold to Asian men for sex - while staff at her care home responded by putting her on the Pill

A woman who was trafficked into prostitution by another teenager at her care home when she was just 13 has revealed how everyone around her - from police to staff to teachers and social workers - shockingly turned a blind eye.

Zoe Patterson's book Trafficked Girl is published today and details how she was sexually abused and raped by older Asian men while living at a Midlands care home, often being forced to have sex with multiple men on a nightly basis.

When she first admitted to a social worker what was happening, she was laughed at and the only real response from staff at the unit was to put her on contraceptives.

Now, Zoe says that society still finds it easier to blame vulnerable young girls rather than working to bring abusers to justice, as well as revealing her fears that young girls are still at risk in the care system despite high profile grooming scandals in Rochdale, Rotherham and Telford.

Speaking exclusively to Femail, Zoe, 30 who still lives in the Midlands said: 'I do have concerns that abuse like the kind I suffered is still taking place.

'The area where I was abused has reduced the size of its children's homes and closed down the larger homes, but this won't do anything towards changing the attitudes of some of the staff that run them and fail to protect the residents.

'I do think that society finds it easier to blame the victims than to delve into the horror of what's really going on in situations of abuse

'If society can turn its back on one person or group, it could turn its back on you too. So people think it's better not rock the boat and risk being thrown overboard.

'It seems that it is easier to point fingers and blame the vulnerable than admit that actually we are all vulnerable and would stand a much better chance of eradicating abuses like these if we could only see each other as equal and connect with each other and care for each other.'

SOLD BY A 15-YEAR-OLD GIRL

Zoe was placed in residential care home, which she has given the pseudonym Denver House, at the age of 13 after being removed from her violent, alcoholic parents. She was already drinking heavily and self-harming.

One evening, a girl called Abbie, 15, took her to a 'party' with three older Asian men, at least twice their age where she was raped by a man called Yasir and a second man.

She admitted to a social worker what had happened, but was laughed at and the only real response from staff at the unit was to put her on contraceptives.

Afraid of retribution from Abbie, she continued to attend 'parties', feeling as if she had no choice.

'I cannot imagine what Abbie's motives were when she sold me, apart from the obvious one of earning money,' Zoe said.

I don't know if she acted out of fear or if she even considered any of the consequences of her actions. At the time, she certainly didn't give the impression that she was scared or that she had given any thought to what her actions would mean for me.

'I will never forget the way she smirked and laughed when she walked in and witnessed me being raped that first time. As you might imagine, I have had to deal with a lot of anger concerning Abbie.

'I believe that an action is its own reward or punishment. I came to this conclusion after many hours of soul searching, trying to make peace with what has happened to me and wondering about the word justice.

'Abbie chose to sell me. That action in my opinion is her punishment, whether she knows it or not. Whether she cares or not, I believe that her actions, however misguided or ignorant, have damaged a part of her soul and that that is something that cannot be undone, just as I cannot take away the fact that I was raped.

NOBODY TO TURN TO

Despite staff at the care home, teachers, social workers and even police officers knowing what was going on, nobody did anything to intervene.

Soon Abbie was arranging almost daily meetings for Zoe with men she called her friends or with taxi drivers.

'I didn’t want to have sex with any of the men and I never once went willingly to any of the places they took us.

'I did it because I was scared – of Abbie and of the men themselves – and because, having realised that the people who were supposed to be caring for me didn’t actually care about me at all, I didn’t have anyone else to turn to.

'People in positions of authority could make the effort to educate themselves about abuse, the victims and the perpetrators and then pass this knowledge on to others and use it to prevent and put a stop to abuse.

I know that my story is going to be used on a number of training workshops aimed at professionals who work with vulnerable children.

I hope that my story and others like it that are shared with the public will educate people enough so that if they suspect abuse, they will do something about it.

THE CYCLE CONTINUED

Abbie left the care home but then another girl, Natalie, forced Zoe to meet her 'friend' Pete, who would force Zoe to have sex with his friends.

It was only some time later that she realised Natalie and Pete were receiving money and she was being trafficked.

'Most of the time, life at Denver House followed what had become a normal pattern for me. I would get a phone call from Pete, or from one of his friends, telling me where and when I would be picked up, sometimes with Natalie, sometimes not.

'Then I’d be driven to a gloomy house somewhere, where I’d be given alcohol, cannabis and occasionally amphetamines. It was the drink I always looked forward to, because it helped to empty my mind before I was taken upstairs by the first of the men who were going to have sex with me that night.'

SUICIDE ATTEMPTS

In desperation Zoe eventually went home to her parents' house where her mother hit her and sent her to school with vodka and she lived in fear of being sexually abused by her father.

After an incident where she brought a knife to school and threatened to kill herself, she was sent to a foster home but continued to struggle with alcohol and self-harming.

A stint in another residential home followed before she was moved to her own flat and attempted suicide.

HEALING

'Even during the worst times, I’ve always had an idea at the back of my mind of, ‘This can’t be it. It can’t just finish like this,’ Zoe said.

Taking advice from the self-help book You Can Heal Your Life by Louise Hay, Zoe worked to take responsibility for her life.

At 19 she got a job in a warehouse as started pursuing her passion for boxing and fitness.

It took many years to conquer her dependence on alcohol, which she went back to many times during a tumultuous relationship with her ex-partner Jess.

However, she has since reached an out of court settlement with Denver House and is preparing to train as a boxing coach.

'I believe in love. I believe that this love exists within our spirit and connects us to the world around us, and with it we can overcome anything and make better choices for ourselves, even when we are afraid and alone,' Zoe said.

'I believe this love and spirit exist within everyone and although they cannot be changed or removed, they can be buried and ignored. It's not easy to feel love after experiencing pain. I am so very grateful that I am able to love.

In view of my beliefs, I now feel sorry for Abbie. I know that Abbie and the men who paid her to rape me succeeded in what they set out to do.

'Their actions have hurt me and have exposed me to a side of life that I would never have chosen to see. However, their actions did not change me for the worse. They did not damage my soul or dampen my spirit. I am unchanged in that sense.

'Their actions have nothing to do with me, but everything to do with them, even though they have caused me great pain and suffering. Their actions show them for the cowards they are.

'As a survivor, my actions show me for the person I am and the courage I have, and there cannot be courage without fear. It is only our choices that define and separate us.

Trafficked Girl: Abused. Abandoned. Exploited. This Is My Story of Fighting Back by Zoe Patterson and Jane Smith,

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...#ixzz5AZZbswGG
    Follow us: mailonline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Thanks for that.

Comment

*gets ready for the racial battle to come

Comment

this is in england so dont get confused, asian mean pakistani/middle eastern there

Comment

She's incredible.

Comment

UK politicians merely pander to the most intimidating enemy

The UK right must become scarier than the muslim rapists -- they must become the biggest bully on the block

Comment

Originally posted by DARKSEID View Post
              *gets ready for the racial battle to come
              84% of these types of grooming gang/rapists are Asian in UK.

Asian there means south\southwestern Asian like Pakistan, Bangladesh etc..

Of course all Asians shouldn't be held accountable but it is a pertinent fact when they only make up like5 ti 8% of the country

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/quilliam-grooming-gangs-report-asian-abuse-rotherham-rochdale-newcastle-a8101941.html%3famp

Comment

Who would have thought bringing tons of people in from backward ass countries like Pakistan.. would cause problems??

They populate far quicker then the indigenous population also.. massive families is the norm.. God knows how they pay for it.. one kid is expensive enough trust me
                Last edited by MOTHERDUCKER; 03-23-2018, 08:07 AM.

Comment

Was the social worker "Asian" too or an actual Asian?

Either way, laughing about that isn't cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
                    Was the social worker "Asian" too or an actual Asian?

Either way, laughing about that isn't cool.
                    Asian there means Pakistani, bangladesh etc. etc.

When criminals that are of actual asian origin (Japanese, Filipino, Chinese, Vietnamese etc. etc.) they would all caps the nationality in the headline.

"VIETNAMESE MAN CAUGHT ALLEGEDLY GROPING CHILDREN SAYS THE FAMILY WHO IS IN DEBT TO HIM"

Comment

Working...
                    X