Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PACnPBFsuck View Post
    Easily the biggest mess of 2016
    If it's a mess it's because of Jacobs.

But I don't think it's a mess. They know they won't be training very hard in Christmas/New year weeks so the fight would have to take place in late february/march for them to have full camps before the fight. So NOW, they are not in a hurry.

They were in september/october though, and it was a shame that Jacobs team said they didn't have time to prepare for the fight, or asked more money. Just days before they had said they had plans to fight in December...

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
      I'll be astonished if GGG dumps his belt over the purse bid, and I would trash HBO if it happened, not him. I think you are going to be disappointed though, it's not going to happen.
      We'll see; the clock is finally running and we'll finally see what the money is actually supposed to look like.

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
        We'll see; the clock is finally running and we'll finally see what the money is actually supposed to look like.
        You won't be seeing one cent of it, dip-stick.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
          LOL right. Boxing needs a overhaul like a mfer. Its bs that there isn't a platform in place that ensures the best fight the best more often.

Boxing is for sure an art cuz there are a ton of mfers in the business out there just doing their own thing & not caring about who's the best like in most every other sport. No one in boxing from the networks down to the boxers hanger ons care who's #1. Everyone just wants to make money on their art.
          Your comments brought to mind the music biz. So much seediness and greed involved in both businesses. Fairness and an even playing field is non-existent in both. Music execs don't care about the quality of the music they promote and sell. They just care about the bottom line (money). That's the nature of big business, but damn, us fans/ consumers are the ones that suffer the consequences of their "business sensibilities".

Comment

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
            it wasnt extended, the first report just got the date wrong by 2 days......
            So Abramson & boxing scene got the date wrong? No. They told both that the 17th was the date then changed it to the 19th

Comment

Originally posted by -Hyperion- View Post
              WBA are fu(king morons..they only delayed the inevitable for ****ing months....they did manage to give Haymon a chance to dupe Espinoza into financing him though...If GGG's team lose the bid and prevent him from making a career high and lose one of his belts, they're complete idiots too...Jacobs better hope Haymon is willing to break the bank because it's back to irrelevancy for him otherwise...
              Before Loeffler asked for an extension Showtime already they were going after the fight aggressively. Then Loeffler asked for an extension. So what are you talking about?

Comment

Lol another deadline

Comment

Originally posted by Damn Wicked View Post
                  Your comments brought to mind the music biz. So much seediness and greed involved in both businesses. Fairness and an even playing field is non-existent in both. Music execs don't care about the quality of the music they promote and sell. They just care about the bottom line (money). That's the nature of big business, but damn, us fans/ consumers are the ones that suffer the consequences of their "business sensibilities".
                  Is it any coincidence then, that Al Haymon was involved in the music business?

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
                    You won't be seeing one cent of it, dip-stick.
                    Not expecting to see a penny of anything. Just going to laugh my ass off seeing how you're going to try and spin it.

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
                      Not expecting to see a penny of anything. Just going to laugh my ass off seeing how you're going to try and spin it.
                      Why would I want to try and spin a purse bid? It's going to be interesting to see if Haymon even tries to outbid K2, or just tells Jacobs to relinquish his regular title and withdraw, but if it goes to a bid, I really couldn't care less who wins it.

Comment

Working...
                      X