Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are we okay with Crawford fighting Demarco scraps.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why are we okay with Crawford fighting Demarco scraps.

Molina has 6 losses including 44 second loss to Demarco. Now I'm not a fan but I don't dislike him but it's really irritating HBO fighters can fight Humberto Soto scraps.

Originally posted by CaneloMaidana View Post
    Molina has 6 losses including 44 second loss to Demarco. Now I'm not a fan but I don't dislike him but it's really irritating HBO fighters can fight Humberto Soto scraps.
    Because he already had a hard fight this year and unified. He beat the #2 in the division. Next year you can ask him to fight a top 5 opponent, but nowadays they take some breaks.

Comment

Originally posted by CaneloMaidana View Post
      The same reason Broner was criticized for weight bullying opponents,but Crawford got a free pass. He's on the right side of the ledger (HBO/top rank) it's funny,because Arum turned down the Diaz fight because he isn't entertaining when he comes forward while Crawford ran from feather fisted Postol.

Comment

jesus christ, a canelomaidana thread i agree with. I hate this modern day thinking that if you fight someone decent, you can fight a bum next, or in many cases for the next few fights. It shouldnt give people a pass, this is a cherry pick whichever way its shaped, nd crawford is good enough to be fighting much better guys without having much difficulty. Fighting a good opponent doesnt excuse a fighter for fighting someone who cant fight back, especially if they won as easy as crawford did against postol. If it was a 12 round war then its a bit different.

Comment

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
          Because he already had a hard fight this year and unified. He beat the #2 in the division. Next year you can ask him to fight a top 5 opponent, but nowadays they take some breaks.
          At least your consistent but 1 hard fight a year isn't very good. When you fight Jean and Molina.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
            jesus christ, a canelomaidana thread i agree with. I hate this modern day thinking that if you fight someone decent, you can fight a bum next, or in many cases for the next few fights. It shouldnt give people a pass, this is a cherry pick whichever way its shaped, nd crawford is good enough to be fighting much better guys without having much difficulty. Fighting a good opponent doesnt excuse a fighter for fighting someone who cant fight back, especially if they won as easy as crawford did against postol. If it was a 12 round war then its a bit different.
            See now you're a hypocrite because Golovkin has fought 36 bums in a row.

Comment

Originally posted by frantic fighter View Post
              The same reason Broner was criticized for weight bullying opponents,but Crawford got a free pass. He's on the right side of the ledger (HBO/top rank) it's funny,because Arum turned down the Diaz fight because he isn't entertaining when he comes forward while Crawford ran from feather fisted Postol.
              Yeah I figured it was HBO pass.

Comment

Bud is coming off a really good fight against the top 2 in the division. As per the 140lbs ratings the next guys after Postol are Broner, Troyanovsky, mathysse, Burns, Molina & Provodnikov..
                I personally would like his next fight to be Troyanovsky or Broner.. But Troyanovsky is fighting a week before Bud..

This is just a stay busy fight tbh.. Hopefully 2017 we get to see in some exciting fights..

Comment

Molina is ranked 6th in the world by boxrec. That's good enough for me and I'm not a Crawford fan. Lara defended his world title twice in 2015. He defended his title against Delvin Rodriguez who is ranked 71st in the world by boxrec. Rodriguez was quickly and easily KOed by Cotto shortly before he fought Lara. Later that year Lara defended his title against 40 year old Zaveck who is ranked 51st by boxrec. Lara is the world champion you should be complaining about for defending his title against extremely weak opponents, not Crawford.

Comment

Crawford fan here but I'm not thrilled about it at all. In fact, I expressed my disappointment because I thought we finally had a young champ who would not take softballs. I'll let this slide but if he does 2 in a row like a lot of these other guys do, expect me to turn on him. It's not like he's coming off a layoff or adjusting to a weight class. He only took a hard fight, you know, like champions are supposed to.

Comment

Working...
                    X