Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sergio Martinez (Pavlik Fight Version) Beats Gennady Golovkin Twice on Sunday...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sergio Martinez (Pavlik Fight Version) Beats Gennady Golovkin Twice on Sunday...

That version of Martinez was amazing. His movement and angles were just ferocious.

I understand GGG has power but no way he can deal with Martinez's movement and power for a full 12 rounds....

Thats why Sergio paid him to step aside EVEN his promoter admitted, they ignored Gennady because Cotto was easier. But its cute seeing you have more confidence against Gennady than the fighter you are defending. XDD

Comment

Yeah that version of Martinez was the real deal. He was a shadow of himself by the time he fought Chavez.

Comment

I guy like Martinez was tailor made for GGG. GGG would fold him like a chair. Fighting GGG on the move and you are doomed. The guy that beats GGG is one who can bully him back.

Comment

Originally posted by deanrw View Post
          I guy like Martinez was tailor made for GGG. GGG would fold him like a chair. Fighting GGG on the move and you are doomed. The guy that beats GGG is one who can bully him back.
          So if Ward fight GGG "on the move" he would be doomed?

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
            So if Ward fight GGG "on the move" he would be doomed?
            Ward would not fight GGG on the move as that would be a mistake. Ward can bully other fighters easily. If you want to beat GGG, get inside his power and give angles.

Comment

Sergio is my guy, but Pavlik didn't find him all that hard to catch and put down. The cut really turned that fight as well, which was close.

Comment

Sergio with legs would be a big problem for Golokvin. The successes Brook had were mostly when he got off first and changed angles. That was Sergio's bread and butter, and he had far greater pop and timing than brook.

Comment

Originally posted by deanrw View Post
                  Ward would not fight GGG on the move as that would be a mistake. Ward can bully other fighters easily. If you want to beat GGG, get inside his power and give angles.
                  And I don't believe a fit and younger Martinez fights GGG on the move. He didn't fight Pavlik in the move, even when he was done against Chavez he didn't fight him on the move, Martinez has more ring IQ than that, don't let power fool you.

Comment

I wish they fought back in 2013. I know GGG wanted it but Dibella said they weren't looking for it.

Comment

Working...
                    X