Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was Sergio Martinez Punished For Beating Chavez Jr?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOL! Junior linked to the under world!

Junior had more tools in the shed than his papi!

The only thing missing was his daddy's heart!

Don José Sulaimán Chagnón was Jr's Godfather (Padrino, nino).

Jr needs to retire! At this point he is just hurting his fathers legacy!

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
      How was he punished..

Afterwards he scored the biggest fight of his career, in a match where he was considered the favorite vs cotto..

He also got a gift decision vs murray after the chavez fight
      sometimes I swear these people dont even watch boxing with the crazy ass shit they say.

Comment

Originally posted by firstborn View Post
        Martinez was one of my favorites, I love his unorthodox style. He kinda reminded me of De la Hoya in the sense that he was a pretty boy that could actually fight! I thought he stood a good chance of beating Mayweather had they fought at 154lbs before his injury.
        I always thought that too. He called mayweather pacquiao out many times but they never said anything back to martinez calling them out. Then in a interview shortly after martinez lost to cotto. Mayweather mentioned him saying he was supposed to be someone who could beat me.

Comment

Originally posted by firstborn View Post
          Martinez was one of my favorites, I love his unorthodox style. He kinda reminded me of De la Hoya in the sense that he was a pretty boy that could actually fight! I thought he stood a good chance of beating Mayweather had they fought at 154lbs before his injury.
          1000% agreed; the prospect of a Mayweather-Martinez fight at 154 was never discussed enough IMO. If Sergio had escaped the 12th round vs. Chavez unscathed that would have been the best P4P fight possible other than Mayweather-Pacquiao of course. Mayweather could have made a deal for a 155 lb fight for the lineal middleweight title which would have been a legitimate legacy fight for him, erasing so much of his reputation.

DiBella should have been pushing for that fight a lot harder than he did, though he did mention it a little around that time. Such a shame, but such is boxing. Kind of like how we never got to see Trinidad-Mosley.

Comment

Originally posted by Trs45 View Post
            I always thought that too. He called mayweather pacquiao out many times but they never said anything back to martinez calling them out. Then in a interview shortly after martinez lost to cotto. Mayweather mentioned him saying he was supposed to be someone who could beat me.
            lol, typical Mayweather, wait for a threat to get beat by someone else and act like they were never a threat

Martinez after Cotto
            Margarito after Williams, then again after Mosley cheating scandal (this one is understandable, I'll say)
            Williams after Martinez
            Pacquiao after Marquez IV

Comment

Working...
            X