No announcement yet.

Ron Lyle vs Joe Frasier

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ron Lyle vs Joe Frasier

It never happened but it would`ve been interesting. Frasier, who I`m a huge fan of, is generally considered to be an elite fighter, and rightfully so I think. Lyle is almost forgotten. I think Lyle would`ve beat him, similar to how Big George did. Another example of how styles make fights.

Ron Lyle could definitely punch hard, and Joe Frazier was vulnarable early on. So Lyle would obviously have a punchers chance during the first few rounds.

How ever, Frazier was as tough as they come, and Lyle was no George Foreman.

My guess would be that Frazier rides off the storm with relative ease to come back and stop Lyle late.

Joe Frazier by ko10.

Comment

Originally posted by Kid Canada
      It never happened but it would`ve been interesting. Frasier, who I`m a huge fan of, is generally considered to be an elite fighter, and rightfully so I think. Lyle is almost forgotten. I think Lyle would`ve beat him, similar to how Big George did. Another example of how styles make fights.
      ron lyle is not george foreman. frazier would pound him like he pounded other big guys. frazier stops him in 9.

Comment

Mr. Lyle is my trainerand I most say he would beat frazier like he stole something. the man is a machine he goes on 10 mile team runs with us. if he can still do that. just think what he could do back in the day

Comment

Originally posted by M26
          Ron Lyle could definitely punch hard, and Joe Frazier was vulnarable early on. So Lyle would obviously have a punchers chance during the first few rounds.
          Ron Lyle would have a puncher's chance early on, but I can't help but envision his fight with Earnie Shavers when Lyle tried boxing Shavers for the first couple of rounds by using his jab and movement...That entertaining brawl didn't really get going until Shavers landed a left hook from hell in the closing moments of the second round, which brought out the "fight" in Lyle (how the hell Lyle even recovered from that shot I'll never know). Still from then on, Lyle spent a very good portion of that fight pinned up against the ropes taking shots before coming up with a big, somewhat come-from-behing knockout in the sixth.

Comment

Originally posted by Yogi
            Ron Lyle would have a puncher's chance early on, but I can't help but envision his fight with Earnie Shavers when Lyle tried boxing Shavers for the first couple of rounds by using his jab and movement...That entertaining brawl didn't really get going until Shavers landed a left hook from hell in the closing moments of the second round, which brought out the "fight" in Lyle (how the hell Lyle even recovered from that shot I'll never know). Still from then on, Lyle spent a very good portion of that fight pinned up against the ropes taking shots before coming up with a big, somewhat come-from-behing knockout in the sixth.
            do you think he could beat frazier?

Comment

Originally posted by butterfly1964
              do you think he could beat frazier?
              If you were to use a timeline and figure out when the best chance of this fight happening was, it would've been in and around 1975. Then I would've given Lyle a pretty decent chance of scoring the upset via KO/TKO, but I'd still lean towards Frazier winning on the strength of his superior workrate & stamina (possibly by a 12 round decision or late TKO)...

If it was prime vs. prime then I'd obviously think Lyle's chances lessen quite a bit.

Comment

No way does lyle beat frazier. Frazier was one of the best ever, and had that left hook. Frazier kayos this overrated bum in no more than five rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by DaddysBoy
                  No way does lyle beat frazier. Frazier was one of the best ever, and had that left hook. Frazier kayos this overrated bum in no more than five rounds.
                  lyle's not overrated, nor a bum, but your right in saying that frazier would crush him!

Comment

Originally posted by butterfly1964
                    lyle's not overrated, nor a bum, but your right in saying that frazier would crush him!
                    Thats good enough for me, man

Comment

Working...
                    X