Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lucas Matthysse should welcome Adrien Broner to the Junior Welterweight division.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
    Prescott is no slouch though, and those first 4-5 rounds, I've never seen Prescott box so well. People can say "oh well Prescott gassed after the first half of the fight', but Mike still took over from rounds 5-8, the 9th was a slow round for both, and then whupped Prescott and stopped him in the 10th.

Alvarado-Rios will be a phone booth fight, and we still don't know how Rios translates to 140 lbs, where he's fighting someone who re-hydrates as big as he does, who can punch as hard as he does, etc. I think Alvarado also applies a better jab to get inside, where as Rios just rushes forward with hardly anything behind it. It's a 50-50 fight. The winner gets a lot of credit in my book.

I just think the time is right for Garcia-Matthysse. If not atthysse, Garcia could fight Judah or Peterson possibly and may lose. The time is now for it, it's the biggest fight there to be made right now.

Oh and I think Marquez can beat Matthysse.
    Ummm, yes, Prescott has turned to a slouch. I remember seeing him get his ass whooped on ESPN. Besides Khan victory, he really doesn't have any other claim to fame. Going life and death with him is no victory. Not even a moral one.

Rios's jab is very underrated. If I'm not mistaken, he dropped Peterson with it. Rios doesn't just barge in but does have a pretty good jab. It's not textbook in Ike Quartey like, but that doesn't mean it's not effective.

I like both Garcia-Mathysse, so I'm not in a huge rush to see them whack each other out. I won't knock you for wanting to see them fight, I just won't agree with it right now. Especially when I'm pretty sure what the outcome will be.

Oh and for Marquez, if you think Juan Diaz/Katsidis gave JMM a battle in their first fight several years ago, you have no idea what Mathysse would do to him. Mathysse would literally destroy Marquez; it would be Soto-Mathysse all over again. Katsidis/Diaz gave him a run for his money and left him looking like he got jumped by 3 dudes. Mathysse would smash him.

Comment

Originally posted by pigsfly View Post
      he wouldn't be able to deal with lucas...........he'd get hurt. but if he somehow can remain as effective at 140 (keep most of his strengths) I would say it could be a totally different story...........zab judah out boxed lucas quite clearly (many ignore this) it's just that he took those knock downs & thats what made the fight as close as it was.

lucas can be outboxed without a doubt.
      how can you ignore something that didn't happen? moving around jabbing at air while your opponent hits you with clean shots isn't outboxing anybody. lucas clearly won that fight about 8-4 with a knockdown.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
        Mathysse would beat the schit out Broner.
        Yes he would, so Golden Boy won't let that fight happen. That stuff about them matching the best into the best is bull.

Comment

If Broner fights Demarco I think he is doing what a top fighter is suppose to do. If he fights a lesser fighter than Demarco I think it's proof that he is all talk. I think Broner is just as big as Matthysse and he may have problems making 135. I think Broner is very good but not good enough to beat Matthysse, the real 140 pound champ in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingFanatik View Post
            Broner keeps saying "no one" will fight him. And that he cant get a fight at 140 through his Twitter. I dont think Lucas Matthysse would hesitate to fight Adrien. Stylistically it would be a great match up.
            Broner lives in the world of the fl0mo, where reality is only what they believe it is and not what anyone else does.

Comment

Originally posted by deanrw View Post
              Anyone can be outboxed, but I don't think Lucas would be outboxed by Judah if they fought now. He was just starting to face world class opposition when he fought Judah and was still kinda green. Now is he really coming into his own.
              "anyone can be outboxed" thats a blanket statement............anyone can be ko'd. tko'd...........so on so fourth. when i said that lucas can be outboxed i meant that he is more susceptible of being out boxed. guys who have very good skillz can outbox him. & judah is old & tired (as seen in the khan fight).........he was also moving down from welterweight & is no where near prime.......how could lucas be "green" when he fought judah? (or even at any disadvantage compared to a old judah) no way. lucas was 28 when he fought judah.
              Last edited by Godsfly; 09-09-2012, 05:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                how can you ignore something that didn't happen? moving around jabbing at air while your opponent hits you with clean shots isn't outboxing anybody. lucas clearly won that fight about 8-4 with a knockdown.
                thats how you saw it...........I didn't see it that way. judah was moving, circling, & pot shotting. lucas was frustrated. the knock downs changed the flow of the fight & thats what made the fight very close...............

but no argument with how u saw it.
                Last edited by Godsfly; 09-09-2012, 06:14 PM.

Comment

It's funny because since Floyd is my favorite fighter everyone would think I would like Broner, but I absolutely do not. I don't hate the kid but I just don't see what is so special about him. His entire persona is a copy of Floyd's and he cannot even pull it off like Floyd does. Broner tries too hard and it comes off as foolish and idiotic. Also he has not accomplished enough to be considered great whatsoever. I think he pretty much drew or lost to Ponce De Leon personally. He has the mouth but doesn't have the accomplishments or skills to back it up yet. I don't know why commentators have such a boner for him. The guy comes in so much bigger than his opponents so I would like to see him fight real 135-140 lbers at some point. I would love to see Lucas flatten him and shut his mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
                    Mathysse would beat the schit out Broner.
                    Originally posted by deanrw View Post
                    Anyone can be outboxed, but I don't think Lucas would be outboxed by Judah if they fought now. He was just starting to face world class opposition when he fought Judah and was still kinda green. Now is he really coming into his own.
                    I thought he clearly beat Judah in one of Judah's best fights and I think he has improved alot since then.

Comment

there's no way in hell the fight comes off

mathysse would probably stop le bron

Comment

Working...
                      X