Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fighters you picked to be great, and you were wrong...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Donald Curry
    Michael Olajide
    Mark Breland
    Larry Donald
    Ike Ibeabuchi
    Edwin Valero
    Juan Manuel Lopez

Comment

idk about great but i thought yusuf mack and jaidon codrington would be relatively big names, world champions for sure. turned out not to be.

Comment

How did I forget Mike Tyson?

Comment

Originally posted by Spungus X View Post
          How did I forget Mike Tyson?

mike tyson was pretty damn great

not what he could have been without basically imploding, but a great fighter none the less.

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
            idk about great but i thought yusuf mack and jaidon codrington would be relatively big names, world champions for sure. turned out not to be.
            I totally agree on Cordington i thought he could have really been something, a world champ of sorts at the very very least.... Still like him despite his now apparent flaws though and that Sakio Bika fight is one of my very favourites

Whats The Don doing these days? Havent heard of him in a minute

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
              mike tyson was pretty damn great

not what he could have been without basically imploding, but a great fighter none the less.
              Agreed. You can't win that many title fights and make the kind of money Mike did and be considered an underachiever. It's not a disappointment if you aren't considered the greatest heavyweight ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
                Agreed. You can't win that many title fights and make the kind of money Mike did and be considered an underachiever. It's not a disappointment if you aren't considered the greatest heavyweight ever.
                9 defences of the undisputed title isn't bad at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
                  It's not a disappointment if you aren't considered the greatest heavyweight ever.
                  I think in Tyson's case some will definitely feel that way though. As great as he was, and i think he was, he didnt quite fulfill his potential but that is a mark of how massive his potential was rather than how little he did....

Comment

I know he's in the Hall of Fame and did have a tremendous career, but.......I am not sure Edwin Rosario was actually a great fighter or not. He certainly looked like he was going to be, but (to me) fell really short of expectations.

Comment

Originally posted by jabsRstiff View Post
                      I know he's in the Hall of Fame and did have a tremendous career, but.......I am not sure Edwin Rosario was actually a great fighter or not. He certainly looked like he was going to be, but (to me) fell really short of expectations.
                      I remember seeing Rosario at about 122 as a teenager and thinking he'd be a phenom. He definitely had more upside than he showed.

Comment

Working...
                      X