No announcement yet.

Official MLB 2011 Postseason Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official MLB 2011 Postseason Thread

Alright, so after last night's epic series of games, the time is upon us. Let's start off with your picks for the division series winners.

AL
    Yankees
    Rangers

NL
    Philly
    AZ

Comment

AL: Tigers - Rangers
      NL: Phillies - Brewers

Comment

Tigers V Devil Rays
        Phillies V Brewers

Tigers V Phillies(I'll save the championship pick till it happens)

I'll bet anyone any amount that the Tigers roast the Yankees. Seriously, it might only be a 3 game series.

Comment

On the real though, I'd love to hear from Kev or any Yankee fan that believes they have a shot of beating the Tigers. I'm not looking for some cop out like, "we're the Yanks, we just win", I want real reasons because I don't see it and I don't know too many people that are taking you to win and I'll tell you why.

First off CC always performs poorly against the Tigers. The Tigers are built on right handed hitting and will just load up on CC and the addition of Delmon Young just hurts that much more. Don't see CC being much of a factor in this series and if it somehow does get to game 4 he will probably be the loser in both games 1 and 4. When CC is paired up with Verlander he has a 4.5 era and a 1-2 record. While Verlander has a 2-1 record with a 0.8 era. Just some food for thought on the game 1 and game 4 matchup.

Game 2 is Fister vs some rook. Sure Nova has been good but what rookie really does that great in the post season. Fister is better than Verlander and actually thrives under pressure(hence his amazing run down the stretch).

Game 3 is the only game that I can see the Yanks having a chance to win because Schezer is so hit or miss. He is a guy that I would describe as the Tigers AJ Burnett, hot one day, cold the next. Then again the Yankees have exactly who in their rotation? A bunch of dudes that are held together by bandaids. So that's why it could very well be a sweep.

I don't want to sound arrogant or cocky but there is really no way the Yankees can beat the Tigers. I can't think of one thing the Yankees do better than the Tigers. They don't hit better than the Tigers, as proven by the Tigers carrying 5 of the top 15 hitters in the AL for majority of the season(Martinez, Cabrera, Boesch, Peralta, and Avila). They don't have a better staff. Sure the Tigers really are only 3 deep but they clearly have the two best pitchers right now on either team and the bullpen isn't up to snuff. Yanks have a solid bullpen but it isn't like the Tigers who have the best closer in baseball, arguably the best set up, and good relievers like Coke and Alberque. Nothing about the Yankees is scary. I mean Texeria is a dangerous hitter but he can't hit a lick this season. Granderson good player also but a strikeout king. I don't know what to say other than the Yankees when you break it down have very little going for them in this series.
          Last edited by Check; 09-29-2011, 04:45 PM.

Comment

Im with you man Im not sold on the Yankees at all because their starting pitching is so shaky.

For game 3 they are looking at either Garcia, Colon, or Hughes starting... yikes.

Comment

Although the Yanks appear to be slight betting favorites, experts seem to be picking Detroit left and right for the ALDS.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiranui View Post
                Although the Yanks appear to be slight betting favorites, experts seem to be picking Detroit left and right for the ALDS.
                I like Detroit in that series but the only thing that scares is me is that other then Verlander the Detroit starts only pitch about 5 2/3 innings. So that leaves almost 3 innings until Detroit gets to use there closer.

Comment

I don't follow NL baseball enough, it seems like this year could be extremely random on that end. Is Milwaukee the real deal?

Comment

Originally posted by Shiranui View Post
                    You mean these experts? All who picked the Red Sox + Atlanta to win it all?
                    http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/previe...=11expertpicks
                    Check out this list of predictions before the 2011 season, some "Experts"

I had the same chance to pick a winner as them, why are they called experts?

Comment

Working...
                    X