No announcement yet.

Why does boxing work THIS way?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by larryx View Post
    stupid no..but im pushing for that jet magazine belt!!!!!!!!!
    So you think the WBC WBA ABC 123 XYZ belts are more prestigious?

I guess you ignored the rest of my post. Good job.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post

damn dirk im just fuking wit ya..chill calzaghe is a 2 division slap boxing champion ok

Comment

dnt forget the iba,ibo,contentintal,wbf and all the other valuable belts..so why not a jet,source,and xxl belt for the hip hop crowd

Comment

Originally posted by larryx View Post
          damn dirk im just fuking wit ya..chill calzaghe is a 2 division slap boxing champion ok
          Cool mate. I just wont take your posts seriously now. Cheers.

Comment

Cool mate. I just wont take your posts seriously now. Cheers.
            sometimes not all the time!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Squabbles94806 View Post
              That's what i'm sayin...

First of all, everyone knows in boxing it's not how many people you beat, but who you beat as well.

With Calzaghe (even though i'm definatley not a fan) isn't getting as much props as people would want him to because he's a European fighter. If he starts competing in the States on a consistant level, then i'm pretty much sure the "average Joe's" out there will start taking notice to the Welschman

Big Bad Ass Chad Dawson?? If he's as dope as people are making him out to be, then he would have handled Tarver a lot better than he did. Tarver didn't even engage. Dawson should have boxed the hell out of him for 12 rounds.
              how did tarver not engage? he was pressing the action all night. al bernstein commented in every round how uncharacteristic it was for the oft-counterpunching tarver to be coming forward the whole fight....

Comment

Originally posted by egreezy View Post
                do you know where he was ranked prior?
                Ring Magazine had him at #5 for beating Kessler, before then he was ranked #8. Hopkins was ranked #4. Calzaghe beats Hopkins, moves to 3 ahead of Marquez. Mayweather retires. Calzaghe moves to 2. Marquez stops Casamayor, Calzaghe moves to three.

Before then a lot of people had him ahead of Hopkins, so number 3 or 4.

Originally posted by Allucard View Post
                Dawson would beat Calzaghe and so would Pavlik and others not older than him. The man is fighting 40 year olds back to back and talking about legacy hahahahahaha maybe i can beat him too. 0 respect for that fake champ sorry. not impressed at all.
                Hopkins is still ranked one of the best fighters in the world at 43. Dawson has big defense problems and Calzaghe is very adaptive. Hopkins made Calzaghe look terrible because Calzaghe's big weakness is due to fighters roughing him up. Except Calzaghe even did better against Hopkins. He adapted well. He fought smart. Against Bika he got to unfocused due to Bika's tactics. He didn't do that against Hopkins.

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                Well no one is invincible.

And your inference that Glen Johnson landed a lot of rights therefore Hopkins would is pretty faulty...seeing as how Johnson throws, oh, maybe 80 more punches per round?
                And Hopkins has a lot better movement then Johnson. Better defense. Better accuracy. Well timed counters and Hopkins rough tactics could and will limit Dawson. The fight would be close because Dawson has really good handspeed. I'll rejudge after his performance on saturday, but as of now, he wins.

Also if you don't think Hopkins would beat Dawson, surely Calzaghe would, because he throws 80 punches a round, adapts very well, good upper movement, etc.

Comment

calm down calzaghe fans... most of us should still give dawson **** for the close fight between dawson and johnson. I'd like to see the rematch in fact.

Comment

Working...
                  X