Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would Floyd Mayweather be undefeated if he was brought up the way Manny Pacquiao was?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BoxingChaos View Post
    NEVER!

Floyd was fighting so many bums early and if you notice in his record, as a champion that he is floyd I am talking about, he has beat less undefeated fighters than most average fighters and Floyds biggest claim to greatness is being undefeated but he himself steered clear of a few himself. I am the greatest because I am undefeated yells floyd while floyd avoids those tough undefeated fighters along his path. DOH!
    floyd was already in title elimination fights before he even reached double figures in fight numbers, he was a champ after something like 15 pro fights or so and already considered a top p4p fighter by the time he was in his early 20's

Comment

Originally posted by lee majors View Post
      I don't know if PBF would have gone undefeated or not, however, I must say that at no point in either fighters lives has Pac been greater skill-wise than Mayweather. Pac is just beginning to gain skills that Floyd had obtained as a prepubescent youth. Manny just learned how to throw a decent right hand. Meanwhile,Floyd can fight in a southpaw stance better than most southpaws. Floyd= nature+nuture
      That's the crazy thing, if Pac is just learning new skills now, imagine how good he'll be once he perfects them.

Comment

Mayweather would have lost a few fight also, In fact most 16 year old would have lost a few fight, Its not easy to turn pro for the wrong reasons and i think Pac turned pro for all the wrong reasons. Pac wasnt allowed to grow before he got into the ring.

Comment

Originally posted by joartcc5 View Post
          He'd have losses.

Say he fought Spafadora, Kostya, Mosley, Williams, Cotto, Margarito, Freitas, Casamayor...

Gayweather isn't really anything special.
          wow! floyd really has missed out on making a lot of great fights.

Comment

A 16 year old, malnourished version of Floyd would surely have picked up a couple of losses along the way, if he was getting beaten in the amateurs at that same age.

Comment

The thread question was if pink floyd was brought up the way pacquiao was brought up. that means no 3 professional boxing uncles teaching him the sweet science before he hit his teens, no amateur experience, no cozy suburban lifestyle, & no gilded roads built & managed by top rank in the beginning of his career.

Originally posted by GetSumBrah View Post
              if pink floyd grew up in pacquiao's circumstance, nobody would have ever heard of him. He wouldnt make it alive to see 21 if he grew up in abject poverty like pacquiao let alone a hall of fame boxer.

pink floyd grew up in the suburbs with his dad, & 2 uncles professional boxer. If he was born in any other scenario he would be a hair stylist at the most & a prison beyotch at the very least.

You *****S just have no idea how hard Pacquiao's life was & the predicament he was put in & to still come out the way he did will be looked back in history with great pride & accomplishment.

Living in abject poverty, no proper training, teaching, nutrition, fighting vs men in ruthless & lawless environments in a 3rd world country? If you took a oscar, trinidad, roy jones jr. & pink floyd & put them in pacquiao's predicament, none of those guys would make it.

I can see maybe a bernard hopkins type of person succeeding in pacquiao's tough upbringing. Those type of people with strong ironed will & determination.

Comment

Originally posted by Stewie Cruise View Post
                Mayweather would have lost a few fight also, In fact most 16 year old would have lost a few fight, Its not easy to turn pro for the wrong reasons and i think Pac turned pro for all the wrong reasons. Pac wasnt allowed to grow before he got into the ring.
                nobody would go unscathed with that type of scenario. nobody. let alone become a successful boxer & be a hall of famer at that.

Comment

You mean actually fighting legitimate competition?

Comment

Working...
                  X