No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather problem

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floyd Mayweather problem

I think Floyd Mayweather is very skilled fight capable of winning many of the top competition.

But most of his critics dont see that.

Floyd Mayweather doesnt have the punch power and as he grows older he is losing much more.

Floyd is more of a boxer than a fighter.

The is one quote I heard in a comic that seems to be Floyd problem:
    " An opponent who is skillful but not brutal is not scary at all."
    http://www.onemanga.com/Veritas/50/06/

Floyd Mayweather doesnt have the Mike Tyson power to scare his critics.

I think you mean Floyd is not a "brawler" like most other fighters are.

'Boxer' and 'fighter' are used interchangeably when describing all boxers.

The thing of it is Floyd doesn't need to scare his opponents to win matches.

Maybe you mean he doesn't have 'knockout power'?

When opponents get in the ring with him they realize they can't hit the man effectively or solidly due to his defensive mastery.

Comment

Originally posted by MindBat View Post
      I think you mean Floyd is not a "brawler" like most other fighters are.

'Boxer' and 'fighter' are used interchangeably when describing all boxers.

The thing of it is Floyd doesn't need to scare his opponents to win matches.

Maybe you mean he doesn't have 'knockout power'?

When opponents get in the ring with him they realize they can't hit the man effectively or solidly due to his defensive mastery.
      But it is different when a fighter is a KO artiest no matter how you look at it.

People dont critize brawlers like boxers. Also the people who will call him out would think twice.

but it more likely a boxer would lost to Floyd than to Cotto, Mosely or Pac.

Comment

Originally posted by eazy_mas View Post
        But it is different when a fighter is a KO artiest no matter how you look at it.

People dont critize brawlers like boxers. Also the people who will call him out would think twice.

but it more likely a boxer would lost to Floyd than to Cotto, Mosely or Pac.
        You're probably right, in that early in their careers, fighters or rather their handlers, avoid knockout artists. But if the roads lead to KO artists in big money fights, many of them have no other option but to face the KO king.

Now as far as Floyd, most fighters are not as scared of his KO power as they are at being humiliated in boxing matches against him.

Hatton found that out the hard way when he called Floyd out.

Corrales and Gatti found that out too.

Comment

I think Floyd Mayweather is very skilled fight capable of winning many of the top competition.

Floyd Mayweather doesnt have the punch power and as he grows older he is losing much more.

floyd's a potshotter.

Comment

I think Floyd unbeatin mentality is getting to him and the people.

I think if Floyd loses it would be better for him because it makes him feel human again

Comment

Originally posted by mangler
              **** power. he don't need that to win. Only problem wit the guy is he needs to fight SSM and Cotto. **** how he fights em, just fight em.
              even if he wins there is alway somebody he should have fought.

I bet if he win SSM,Cotto, Margarito, Pac Paul Williams there will be someoen like Berto would rise up and be calling him.

Comment

Originally posted by mangler
                Berto woulda been ideal as his tuneup fight. But that's all. Berto is in no position to demand **** and have anybody labeled as avoidin him. Mr boat buyer beats SSM and the Pac-Cotto winner, nobody can justly criticize him anymore.
                well boxing is a sport not like football where you will play every weekend.

When fighters grow older and reached to the top they cherry pick the big money fight as well as fight less.

I think Floyd would only fight at most 3 fights

Comment

Isnt the name of the sport called 'BOXING'?
                  All these guys wanting a Floyd fight isnt that to do with securing the biggest payday of their life?
                  Floyd gave DelaHoya his biggest payday
                  Ricky Hatton's biggest payday
                  Marquez's biggest payday
                  Baldomir's biggest payday
                  Infact he gave 39 fighters their biggest payday (check the stats)
                  It's only natural that people like Mosley after being ripped by divorce will do anything to secure that payday regardless of the fact he knows he'l lose every round

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby Shaw View Post
                    Isnt the name of the sport called 'BOXING'?
                    All these guys wanting a Floyd fight isnt that to do with securing the biggest payday of their life?
                    Floyd gave DelaHoya his biggest payday
                    Ricky Hatton's biggest payday
                    Marquez's biggest payday
                    Baldomir's biggest payday
                    Infact he gave 39 fighters their biggest payday (check the stats)
                    It's only natural that people like Mosley after being ripped by divorce will do anything to secure that payday regardless of the fact he knows he'l lose every round
                    yeah it is partly true. Because Floyd still has the 0 and even if you lose to Floyd you are not out of the game and could have another big fight that what I notice.

Comment

Working...
                    X