Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Danny Garcia: Would Pick Brook Over Spence If Not for GGG Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The injury to Brook will make people still question Spence even if he wins. I won't question him because i believe he's that good but his critics will still have doubts just because of the punishment Brook took in the GGG fight.

Comment

Danny Garcia is right, the beating Brook took from GGG and the weight issues for moving down again makes this a 50/50 fight. Spence has to thank GGG if he gets the victory and the belt.

Comment

Damn the excuses ppl making for Brook already is crazy. From the comments looks like Spence won't get any credit after he puts the leather on Brook and take his title smh. GGG softened him up, he dropping down from 160, he barely could make 147, he was drained he should've vacated went to 154 all the bull**** you gonna hear after Spence wins. I want to know if these excuses would come about if he fought Khan and KOed him like I think he would. Brook is one of the best but Spence gonna break him point blank period.

Comment

Agree 100% with Danny here I don't think Brook will be the same
          Last edited by Beercules; 02-17-2017, 05:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
            I think the GGG fight is making a lot of people wary, due to the eye injury.

I think it is due to the weight, his eye should be ok

Comment

Originally posted by O.K.! 2.0 View Post
              Brook could have easily went in another direction & it wouldn't have been the first time a champ drop his title to avoid the challenger. So I give Brook the benefit of the doubt for taking this fight. People the risk of fighting Spence is not worth it but I 100% disagree with that thought. I have Brook rated as the top 147lb fighter in the division which can be argued but a win over Spence (in which many people has rated as the next coming to take over) would put Brook on another level......

not sure about that ?

if Thurman/Garcia did not happen, a win over Spence would likely confirm Brook as the top welter..... but the Thurman/Garcia winner will have just as much claim to the top spot imho

Originally posted by O.K.! 2.0 View Post
              ..... Also it would take Brook from the b-side to the a-side against Khan & many others in the division.

Spence has only recently graduated from prospect to contender, not sure if a win over him will elevate Brooks standing that much?

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                I agree with DSG, if Brook hadn't swollen to 170+, this would be a 50/50 fight! However, I don't see Brook being at his best for this fight, and even when he was at his best (Porter) I wasn't all that impressed. Spence Jr. by TKO in the 9th!

a difficult fight to call, but I could see that happening

the weight can either make you or break you

Brook dun fk'd up the weight with Golovkin

what was he thinking

i agree..... if Brook was following up from a good win at welter, where he had no problem with the weight, I see a probable tough decision win..... maybe 50/50..... but right now I give the edge to Spence

but yea, I wouldn't bet much on that fight

Comment

If Kell Brook was being promoted by Frank Warren? he would still be undefeated, and probably of faced Manny Pacquiao! Eddie Hearn has been very illogical in the decisions he has made for Kell Brook! Promoters are meant to protect their fighters best interest! and the fact of the matter is? Eddie Hearn has let the pressure of the mainstream boxing fans get to him (The sky deal sometimes goes to his head!) The Golovkin fight was stupid fight to take! This Spencer Junior fight, is also a stupid fight to to take! after Kell Brook and his entire team have made it vividly clear that Brook is no longer a 147 pound fighter!

I can see Kell Brook losing this fight, due to him being weak at the weight! Amir Khan will probably waste him at 147 aswell!
                  Last edited by PRINCEKOOL; 02-17-2017, 06:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SniXSniPe View Post
                    Brook coming back down so much weight really makes me wonder.... he's going to have to lose muscle mass, and that's never a good thing.

that wasn't muscle..... weighing 176 was just dumb

that was either a complete lack of professionalism, or he followed some quite ridiculous advice..... not sure which

the only chance Brook had was to win that fight as the smaller man, like Leonard did with Hagler

Comment

Boxers are NEVER the same after lil g is done with them and I don't expect anything to change now.

Comment

Working...
                      X