No announcement yet.

De La Hoya-Pacquiao: 8 Year Anniversary

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
    That ain't Manny's fault, though. Oscar was the one who wanted Pacquiao. Oscar was the A side. And Oscar was the biggest money fight that Pacquiao could possibly get at that time. So what was Manny supposed to do, turn it down? Oscar wanted it. Not the other way around. And lmao @ people who blame Manny for the catch weight on that fight...Oscar was the one who had final say. Not Pacquiao.
    Indeed. It was a cherrypick gone horribly awry.

Comment

Many people that De La Hoya would stop him, but I kept on saying it would be a lot closer than people think

Comment

My household was more excited for the DLH/Mayweather fight than the Pac fight. Nothing against Pac or his performance, but the Forbes fight showed me De La Hoya was done, the Pac fight was just a symbolic passing of the torch.

Comment

Originally posted by Holystroke3 View Post
          Oscar was also 35 and coming down to a weight he hadn't been at in 7 1/2 years.

It's funny how people discredit Floyd's win over Oscar but credit Pacquaio
          But he made 150 trying to get down to 147 for the Floyd rematch, and looked good enough for a guy that was 130 9 months ago. Floyd just about matched the odds, Pac smashed them. Who would have expected Oscar retiring on his stool vs a cherry picked midget?

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post

What on earth made you think DLH would stop him?

He was way over the hill as a fighter, a shell of himself.

I can't stand it when people glorify that win, there are times when a fighter deserves credit for beating an over the hill legend, this isn't one of them. Pac stains love clinging to this but it's not even close to being compared to when Floyd beat DLH for example, and DLH was past his prime then.
            lol The two fights were literally just a year apart.

Comment

I thought Hoya was going to knock Pacquaio out with a jab

Comment

Originally posted by KLockard23 View Post
                lol The two fights were literally just a year apart.
                Pacquiao ate his way up to Welterweight when he was just a featherweight months ago. Dela Hoya had the final say against Pacquiao. Floyd barely "beat" a past prime dela hoya too, so you glorify that win more by seeing Floyd struggle than Pacquiao giving a performance of a decade?. It wasn't Pacquiao's fault Dela Hoya got his ass busted up.

Comment

Originally posted by goblin213 View Post
                  I thought Hoya was going to knock Pacquaio out with a jab
                  i thought the same.

But he quit like walters.

Comment

Originally posted by Golden Boi 360 View Post
                    Can't believe how fast time goes by. I remember how confident I was that Pacquiao was getting stopped. Did you guys order it? bet money on Pacquiao? Any story you want to share about this event? lol

I was on boxing asylum at the time, I think that was probably my first forum I used and it was really busy back then.

What shocked me was everyone betting on DLH and although I tentatively picked Oscar to win I kept saying not to be shocked if Pacquiao won based on 2 things: age and Oscars last fight against that featherfist from the contender who really touched up the onces golden boy.

It was so brutal to see Oscar's face rearranged in the manner that it was.

Comment

Its also the anniversary of Mayweather-Hatton and Pacquaio-Marquez 4.

Comment

Working...
                      X