No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Floyd Mayweather Glad He Never Fought "Cheater" Margarito

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

November 4, 2006:

Pound-for-pound king "Pretty Boy" Floyd Mayweather toyed with Carlos Baldomir to win the world welterweight championship Saturday night in a fight devoid of drama because Mayweather dominated so thoroughly...

The loss ended Baldomir's magic run. He hadn't lost a fight in nearly eight years and had compiled a 19-0-2 record during that time.

He burst on the scene in January with a huge upset against Judah to win the undisputed championship, then pulled off another upset in July by knocking out Arturo Gatti.

The two big wins this year led to his promoters dubbing him "Cinderella Man." But the clock struck midnight for him.

"I didn't fight my fight. He was too fast. I couldn't catch him, and when I did, I just wasn't strong. I felt sluggish." -- Carlos Baldomir

http://www.espn.com/sports/boxing/news/story?id=2650029

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
      Baldomir was more known that the time. WHO the FUK did Cheato beat before 2006??? Your a YEAR too EARLY Einstein.
      Ever heard of Sergio Martinez bro?

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
        Baldomir was more known that the time. WHO the FUK did Cheato beat before 2006??? Your a YEAR too EARLY Einstein.
        margarito is mexican my friend. baldomir is not. floyd himself knows mexicans are the biggest boxing fans(demographic studies prove his) as he fought on mexcian holidays against mexican fighters yet he avoided marg so that should tell you something.

Comment

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
          HE made about 20 million for Oscar fight.

He wasnt afraid or ducking him it just wasnt in the cards.

Floyd went on to bigger and better thankgs and margo got caught cheating
          you don't understand the concept of guarantees i see. he had a 10 million guarantee for the oscar fight yet he wanted a 20 million guarantee when he was with top rank. no one could guarantee him that much at that time. you want proof of that? look how much his guarantee was. 10 million. not 20.

the question you should be asking is why did he demand 20 million guarantee with top rank and then suddenly change his mind months later? in boxing we call this pricing yourself out.

Comment

Mayweather already agreed to fight Judah for the titles before Judah-Baldomir, Judah lost but the Mayweather-Judah fight went ahead. Mayweather then fought the WW champion Baldomir. Then DLH and Hatton. All those fight were bigger/more important than Marg.

Comment

CHEATO WBO Champion and LOST 1 1/2 Before. 3-1 his last 4 fights.

Baldomir WBC, Lineal, IBA CHAMPION!!! Would of HAD the WBA AND IBF Belts as well if he paid there fees.

Comment

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
                HE made about 20 million for Oscar fight.

He wasnt afraid or ducking him it just wasnt in the cards.

Floyd went on to bigger and better thankgs and margo got caught cheating
                have you seen the floyd-marg video where he looks afraid when confronted? also mr money man turned down more moeny and fought sharmba and judah so it wasn't in the cards because floyd didn't want it to be in the cards. so yes he was both afraid and ducking. i have proof of both. you just refuse to see it/are pretending he didn't duck cause you like him.

Comment

Only fighter Floyd missed was Kostya Tzu....
                  Margarito won't even come close to the hall of fame

Comment

What's his excuse for not fighting Vernon Forrest?

Comment

So one cheater didnt want to fight the other?

lol at knockout artist for knocking out Gatti. A guy who got knocked out by everybody

Comment

Working...
                      X