Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Good Fighters Who Had Off-Nights And Looked Bad?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Fighters Who Had Off-Nights And Looked Bad?

Which good fighters have had off-nights where you might almost mistake them for "B-Level" fighters? A few examples:

Floyd Mayweather vs Marcos Maidana
    Amir Khan vs Chris Algieri
    Sergio Martinez vs Miguel Cotto
    Floyd Mayweather vs Andre Berto
    Paul Williams vs Sergio Martinez II
    Kell Brook vs Carson Jones I

What you got...?

Floyd was 37 in the Maidana fight and 38 in the Berto fight. He looked like an aging fighter. The rest of the guys are youngins.

Comment

Martinez was also old. He was favored but he just got upset.

Comment

Originally posted by F!x View Post
        Which good fighters have had off-nights where you might almost mistake them for "B-Level" fighters? A few examples:

What you got...?
        The bolded were not "off-nights". Mayweather toyed with Berto, Williams walked into a punch and got KTFO and Cotto beat an injured Martinez.

You can name an "off-night" in pretty much every fighter's career. Mayweather vs Maidana and Brook-Jones were the only ones that were proven to be off nights cos they came back and dominated the respective rematches.

Khan seems to have a lot of "off-nights"

Comment

Barrera-Juarez 1

Comment

Morales vs Guty Espadas 1

Comment

Originally posted by F!x View Post

What you got...?
              I don't think those are very good examples.....Outside of Brook vs Jones....the other fights were tricky style matchups for both fighters.

Mayweather vs Berto was probably the worst example....Mayweather looked very sharp in that fight....could've threw more combos but he hurt his hand mid fight and it was noticeable and he said it to his dad in the corner.

Mayweather actually threw combos and didn't just counter the jab with the pull counter and potshot....he dusted off one of his favorite tools which is the jab to the body, threw combos to the head and body and his defensive reflexes were sharp as a genzu

I have a few examples....Camacho vs Haugen 1, Tyson vs Douglass, Louis VS Schmeling 1, Darryl Pinckney KO 3 Junior Jones, Corrie Sanders KO 2 Wladamir Klitschko, Jim Braddock W 15 Max Baer , Randy Turpin W 15 Sugar Ray Robinson, Hasim Rahman KO 5 Lennox Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by El Gitano View Post
                Morales vs Guty Espadas 1
                great example....Erik Morales looked lethargic in the first fight and blitzed him in the rematch

Comment

Khan always has an off night to you turds

Comment

I think probably the absolute best examples have rematches, so you see what happened when they're properly motivated. The one which immediately came to my mind, like someone mentioned, was Morales against Guty Espadas. He had life or death with that guy and then in the second match, he absolutely destroyed that man.

Comment

Working...
                    X