Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quitting my job so I can focus primarily on training?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quitting my job so I can focus primarily on training?

Well I'm young so its not like I have someone to support, I just recently turned 18 and I want to focus strictly on boxing and school. I dont really NEED the job and working through the week gets in the way of my training (gym is only open mon-fri). Ive been training for like 8 months now and I cant really get where I want to be because I feel like I need to be in the gym atleast 4 days out the week. To my coach it seems like im not consistent but my work schedule changes alot. I work at a grocery store and its like a pointless part-time job, I figure down the road I may regret it but honestly I want to chase my dream plus for the money it isnt really worth it. Example...I was cleaning **** out of the restroom earlier this week...its an irritating job. I want to punch customers because while I'm at work I wish I could be in the gym. What do you all think? Make measly money/waste time or TRAIN

Originally posted by DetroitFast View Post
    Well I'm young so its not like I have someone to support, I just recently turned 18 and I want to focus strictly on boxing and school. I dont really NEED the job and working through the week gets in the way of my training (gym is only open mon-fri). Ive been training for like 8 months now and I cant really get where I want to be because I feel like I need to be in the gym atleast 4 days out the week. To my coach it seems like im not consistent but my work schedule changes alot. I work at a grocery store and its like a pointless part-time job, I figure down the road I may regret it but honestly I want to chase my dream plus for the money it isnt really worth it. Example...I was cleaning **** out of the restroom earlier this week...its an irritating job. I want to punch customers because while I'm at work I wish I could be in the gym. What do you all think? Make measly money/waste time or TRAIN
    you're going to need to do both, whether you like it or not, end of story. Sure it'll be tough, it's all about how bad do you want it. Get into a restaurant that serves lunch and dinner, very flexable hours.

who is training you?......... Rockin'

Comment

As long as you're going to school it should be fine. Make sure to have something to fall back on in a few years if the boxing doesn't work out.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
        As long as you're going to school it should be fine. Make sure to have something to fall back on in a few years if the boxing doesn't work out.
        Very good advice right here.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
          you're going to need to do both, whether you like it or not, end of story. Sure it'll be tough, it's all about how bad do you want it. Get into a restaurant that serves lunch and dinner, very flexable hours.

who is training you?......... Rockin'
          I go to a small gym on West 7 mile. And I know but now I feel like I need to gain experience especially compared to guys who have been boxing since kids.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
            Yeah I will.

Comment

Originally posted by DetroitFast View Post
              I go to a small gym on West 7 mile. And I know but now I feel like I need to gain experience especially compared to guys who have been boxing since kids.
              your at DownTown I assume? who's been working with you? ............ Rockin'

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
                your at DownTown I assume? who's been working with you? ............ Rockin'
                Tighten Ups Boxing

Comment

If you're in a situation where you don't need to work, then I would definitely go for it. Do now that you're young and have no major responsibilities.
                  Good luck and keep at it!!!

Comment

dude ur 18.
                    school and box.

Comment

Working...
                    X