No announcement yet.

sparring a taller opponent

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sparring a taller opponent

I have recently been sparring a taller guy i'm about 172 cm the other guy is about 180 cm. he has longer reach. what should i do? i understand i can't out jab him and one of my problems is that i have this thinking in my head that i need to land every punch. what should i do??

Originally posted by sugar555 View Post
    I have recently been sparring a taller guy i'm about 172 cm the other guy is about 180 cm. he has longer reach. what should i do? i understand i can't out jab him and one of my problems is that i have this thinking in my head that i need to land every punch. what should i do??
    Slip and step in at the same time. there are 3 head slots. ensure your head is not in the middle slot when you are stepping in because the last thing you will see is the jab. if your interested there is a video on my pg. 1 where im teaching a seminar on a basic level drilling this technique. Also there is a sparring video working on what to do when you get there. Its a live sparring with some heavyweights 1 taller 1 shorter. Oh also I blogged about it "pressure fighting the black belt way" or something like that. Process= Drills, sparring, fight watch all 3

Comment

Working...
    X