No announcement yet.

Best career comebacks

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Charrua View Post
    For me, would have to be Foreman. His age and the heights he reached.

he really crossed over with his popularity as well. he went from hero in the olympics, to mean and rough villain against ali, and back to hero again in his comeback

i remember him selling everything with his "i'm old and still whipping ass" type angles

he also took an entire decade away from boxing and completely overhauled his style. and he could still bang !!

Comment

surpirsed no one else has mention B Leonard. Foremans was prolly my favorite. first fight i watched on ppv was foreman vs moorer when i was youngin.

Comment

Not the biggest Comeback in history, but impressive i think: Maske

Comment

Foreman gets too much hype for his comeback. Holmes was relevant at the same time and wasn't getting gifts like big George (not referring to Moorer). But as for Moorer, Foreman lost every minute of the fight before the KO. Holmes on the other hand schooled Ray Mercer in his comeback. I consider schooling Mercer more impressive.

As for recent comebacks, Morales comes to mind. Granted the world title he won is pretty bogus, I actually thought he beat Maidana, a legit opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by Obama View Post
            Foreman gets too much hype for his comeback. Holmes was relevant at the same time and wasn't getting gifts like big George (not referring to Moorer). But as for Moorer, Foreman lost every minute of the fight before the KO. Holmes on the other hand schooled Ray Mercer in his comeback. I consider schooling Mercer more impressive.

As for recent comebacks, Morales comes to mind. Granted the world title he won is pretty bogus, I actually thought he beat Maidana, a legit opponent.

you and morales

Comment

Working...
            X