This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
    I actually do think Jose would be a success if he dropped down the levels.

Say it Everton.

I think he could take a team that has finished 9th to the cusp of top 4 if that was his remit by just getting them to defend properly
    I think the same thing.
    Jose style is good for smaller clubs.
    He can’t do it with the galáctico clubs. Real, Barcelona, ManUnited, etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
      Also, its not like Spurs dont have talent and need to buy.

Kane is one of the top 3 strikers in England. Arguably top 5 and certainly top 10 in the world.
      Dele Ali is a proper finish. Say what yiu want but when you get 10+ goals out of a midfielder. You're in a good place.
      Only Sterling, Salah, and Mane have more goals than Son from the wide position.
      Eriksen is a world class midfielder. If we call Hazard world class, Eriksen is indeed world class.
      Jan Vertonghen is a top notch CB
      Lloris is a top notch GK as well.

Do they need to buy? Or do they need pragmatism when it counts? Serious question.
      Aren't Kane and Ali injured? the squad is not big enough to win the league or CL.. Carling or Fa cup? sure but they bottle chances vs big teams like they did this season.

They don't have much of a bench.. i remember the game vs us they had Lamela/Lorente come on but the rest of the bench idk who the **** most of those guys are.. and Lamela/Lorente have hardly set the world on fire either..

Meanwhile United had lukaku.. Mata.. Rashford to come on and even the likes of Romero.. Fred still available

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
        I actually do think Jose would be a success if he dropped down the levels.

Say it Everton.

I think he could take a team that has finished 9th to the cusp of top 4 if that was his remit by just getting them to defend properly
        He's done.. to much of an ego

The modern player needs coddling for the most part

Back at Chelsea he had the likes of Terry, Lampard, Drogba also reading the riot act and keeping the dressing room in check

If he goes to a PSG he would probably win the league.. i don't see him ever coming back and having the same kind of success in England or Spain

Comment

• Originally posted by MOTHERDUCKER View Post
          Aren't Kane and Ali injured? the squad is not big enough to win the league or CL.. Carling or Fa cup? sure but they bottle chances vs big teams like they did this season.

They don't have much of a bench.. i remember the game vs us they had Lamela/Lorente come on but the rest of the bench idk who the **** most of those guys are.. and Lamela/Lorente have hardly set the world on fire either..

Meanwhile United had lukaku.. Mata.. Rashford to come on and even the likes of Romero.. Fred still available
          Kane is back for Dortmund next week, Ali is out for a month.

Cant believe levy sold Dembele and didnt get a replacement tho, hopefully Wanyama gets back to full fitness, he hasnt started for over a year now...imo he is one of the best DM in the league when in form.

Comment

• Damn, crazy sequence there for Barca to get the equalizer. I think Real is gonna end up giving this game away

Comment

• The old cliche of 'It's a marathon, not a sprint'.

I think the dippers have shot their wad. City's squad depth will see them over the line I think.

Comment

• Originally posted by MOTHERDUCKER View Post

But that is the obstacle for them isn't it? They really need to win something, anything, to get that winning mentality started.

I don't think their depth is that bad though. It's just that all their backups are injured and then Ali and Kane went down too (unforeseeable).

The only issue with having Carlo or Jose as manager for them is no long term plan. They'd finally win something but just as quickly as they win, they would need a manager like Poch to take the helm again.

Comment

• Originally posted by *OG Wenger* View Post
                  The old cliche of 'It's a marathon, not a sprint'.

I think the dippers have shot their wad. City's squad depth will see them over the line I think.
                  God knows how we're even competing tbf.

We've been terrible for the most part this season. Leicester and West Ham should both have beaten us.

Firmino has been shocking for most of the season. Looked a semi pro footballer out there against West Ham.

Think City will win it.

We'll walk it next year though.

Comment

• Genuinely never believed for a second Liverpool would win the league.

They’ve done well though.

But you have to take them with a pinch of salt since most of the printed, and television media are pure Liverpool who have to jizz over Liverpool or have a City of gargoyles turns against them. No offence Liverpool lads.

I’m being facetious anyway. I actually prefer Liverpool to Manc I think.

I do like how Joe Cole is on tele now. Sky probably thought because he played for Liverpool he’d fit in but forgot that he absolutely hated Liverpool.

Jose said he’s stick up for Chelsea as a pundit. I hope he does. Some Chelsea fans were ungrateful but ultimately he’s our guy.

Never should have went to United at all.

Lampard was maddeningly objective. Puts me off wanting him as a manager. Even refusing to hammer Jermaine ***** that time he was crying about Chelsea hammering Spurs 4-2 in the FA Cup semi that time. It was left to Shearer to tell ***** what a c.unt he is.

Your our Highest ever Goalscorer mate. Be bias, ffs
                    Last edited by Sparked_26; 02-07-2019, 04:33 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by *OG Wenger* View Post
                      The old cliche of 'It's a marathon, not a sprint'.

Klopp has them taking dat dere Zinc supplements doe.

Comment

Working...
                      X