Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

Old 02-03-2019, 06:57 AM #141
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 844 Post(s)
DreamFighter has a reputation beyond reputeDreamFighter has a reputation beyond reputeDreamFighter has a reputation beyond reputeDreamFighter has a reputation beyond reputeDreamFighter has a reputation beyond reputeDreamFighter has a reputation beyond reputeDreamFighter has a reputation beyond reputeDreamFighter has a reputation beyond reputeDreamFighter has a reputation beyond reputeDreamFighter has a reputation beyond reputeDreamFighter has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,093.93
Total Points: 21,428.23
have a nice day - Boxing Goat 

Quote:
Originally Posted by The plunger man View Post
if you read the post correctly its stating that those 3 fights were tyson hardly looking his killer best....its nothing to do with wins its just proving that tyson was not destruct abd destroy.
Need to understand the conversation before yiu jump all over it gumbo
so you must know guys who did knock out EVERYONE at title level.

start the list or your argument is fail. The sooner the better to qualify what you wrote, or your embarrassment continues.
DreamFighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 02-03-2019, 08:02 AM #142
the minge monster

Quoted: 3750 Post(s)
The plunger man has a reputation beyond reputeThe plunger man has a reputation beyond reputeThe plunger man has a reputation beyond reputeThe plunger man has a reputation beyond reputeThe plunger man has a reputation beyond reputeThe plunger man has a reputation beyond reputeThe plunger man has a reputation beyond reputeThe plunger man has a reputation beyond reputeThe plunger man has a reputation beyond reputeThe plunger man has a reputation beyond reputeThe plunger man has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,121.55
Total Points: 22,815.63
lol - denium lol - denium lol - denium lol - denium lol - denium 
No Message - Steve plunger No Message - Steve plunger No Message - Steve plunger No Message - Steve plunger No Message - Steve plunger 
lol - denium lol - denium lol - denium lol - denium Keep it up!!! - MDPopescu 
lol - denium to help you get it up for your bum chum Joshua - WTF Huck! You are one stupid dumb ass - Scott. Weiland My round innit - kafkod Nice sig, bruh - Tony Trick-Pony 
Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Scott. Weiland 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamFighter View Post
so you must know guys who did knock out EVERYONE at title level.

start the list or your argument is fail. The sooner the better to qualify what you wrote, or your embarrassment continues.
iím Saying Tyson showed his limitations when facing a slick boxer and fighter with good boxing fundamentals before his so called demise due to bad influences and was shown to be proven right when he boxed fellow hall of famers.
If your to stupid to even understand this then you really donít have a hope.
When Tyson could not put a fighter away and the fighter then came back at him he seemed to lack desire to fight through it.
Douglas,Holyfield and Lewis all showed that so I suggest you read my post properly and comprehend it.
If you canít then donít bother replying to me in future.
The plunger man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 08:38 AM #143
Undisputed Champion

DreamFighter has a reputation beyond reputeDreamFighter has a reputation beyond reputeDreamFighter has a reputation beyond reputeDreamFighter has a reputation beyond reputeDreamFighter has a reputation beyond reputeDreamFighter has a reputation beyond reputeDreamFighter has a reputation beyond reputeDreamFighter has a reputation beyond reputeDreamFighter has a reputation beyond reputeDreamFighter has a reputation beyond reputeDreamFighter has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
i’m Saying Tyson showed his limitations when facing a slick boxer and fighter with good boxing fundamentals before his so called demise due to bad influences and was shown to be proven right when he boxed fellow hall of famers.
If your to stupid to even understand this then you really don’t have a hope.
When Tyson could not put a fighter away and the fighter then came back at him he seemed to lack desire to fight through it.
Douglas,Holyfield and Lewis all showed that so I suggest you read my post properly and comprehend it.
If you can’t then don’t bother replying to me in future.
so you ARENT going to give me a list of champions who KOed everyone at title level.

SO tysons not alone in being unable to then ok. thats all thats needed.

by all means reply if you manage to put together that list, we'll take it up again from the moment you do so, thats an absolute promise. I'll eat my own poop when u do.
Old 02-03-2019, 08:42 AM #144
Undisputed Champion

Quote:
luv ths bit though - "butbutbut ...when tyson lost, he couldnt ko his opponent! he shudda still koed them when losing!"

ahahahaa.

Last edited by DreamFighter; 02-03-2019 at 08:45 AM.
Old 02-03-2019, 08:59 AM #145
Ignore List Champion

Quoted: 17551 Post(s)
Eff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 54,549.58
Total Points: 82,177.03
No Message - Santa_ Burger Exchange - cheeseburger good poster - jas One of the best posters on the forum! - JK1700 You Dont Have Enough Gifts - JimRaynor 
Always keep it real - Nomadic great contest! - TBear One kf - jas One of bscenes best - jas sensible, reasonable poster. 5 star - jazluvr 
One Champion. One Face. One Name. - Deontay Wilder 

Virtually every mfer who can punch gets overrated to a higher degree then they likely should be at from the journeyman level up to the legend level. Its a pretty standard thing in boxing cuz we all love knockouts.
Eff Pandas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 11:01 AM #146
the minge monster

Quoted: 3750 Post(s)
The plunger man has a reputation beyond reputeThe plunger man has a reputation beyond reputeThe plunger man has a reputation beyond reputeThe plunger man has a reputation beyond reputeThe plunger man has a reputation beyond reputeThe plunger man has a reputation beyond reputeThe plunger man has a reputation beyond reputeThe plunger man has a reputation beyond reputeThe plunger man has a reputation beyond reputeThe plunger man has a reputation beyond reputeThe plunger man has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,121.55
Total Points: 22,815.63
lol - denium lol - denium lol - denium lol - denium lol - denium 
No Message - Steve plunger No Message - Steve plunger No Message - Steve plunger No Message - Steve plunger No Message - Steve plunger 
lol - denium lol - denium lol - denium lol - denium Keep it up!!! - MDPopescu 
lol - denium to help you get it up for your bum chum Joshua - WTF Huck! You are one stupid dumb ass - Scott. Weiland My round innit - kafkod Nice sig, bruh - Tony Trick-Pony 
Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Scott. Weiland 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamFighter View Post
so you ARENT going to give me a list of champions who KOed everyone at title level.

SO tysons not alone in being unable to then ok. thats all thats needed.

by all means reply if you manage to put together that list, we'll take it up again from the moment you do so, thats an absolute promise. I'll eat my own poop when u do.
what i said to you was tyson showed vulnerabiltys before he even became a champion with tillis and green and with defences against smith,tucker so on , its not about koing it is how he changed in style when the other fighter fought back , tucker , ruddock .
He was not a complete fighter , had one way of winning and thats that and when he came up against someone who could give it back he lost...he is overated For sure
The plunger man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 11:16 AM #147
Undisputed Champion

Quote:
He was not a complete fighter , had one way of winning sure
which brings us back to this -

YOU providing three examples of Tyson winning on points as proof of your theory that he had ONE way of winning.

By trying to show he had ONE way of winning, you've proved he had a 2nd way of winning, on points.

I'm not sure if anyone could make this clearer to you. You are offering other ways of tyson winning as proof that he has ONE way only. good luck with that.
Old 02-03-2019, 11:22 AM #148
Dinamita

Quoted: 1827 Post(s)
_original_ has a reputation beyond repute_original_ has a reputation beyond repute_original_ has a reputation beyond repute_original_ has a reputation beyond repute_original_ has a reputation beyond repute_original_ has a reputation beyond repute_original_ has a reputation beyond repute_original_ has a reputation beyond repute_original_ has a reputation beyond repute_original_ has a reputation beyond repute_original_ has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,143.98
Total Points: 30,546.66
War Ortiz!!!!!!! - Sir TomJones Thank you bro. - -Pull ma Finga- Boxing scenes number one vagina. - The Problem Boxing scenes number one vagina. - The Problem Boxing scenes number one vagina. - The Problem 
Boxing scenes number one vagina. - The Problem kick this fool, he racist - The Problem Good man, cold one on me - Alx. You deserve more of these - Alx. war sutherland - Mike D 
That long post in White Knight thread had me in tears lol. - Box-Office Wouldn't let me green you just yet - mathed No Message - PorterIsFuture Appreciate the advice. Keep ballin, big pimp boss player. Dueces. - Anxious Times Cunt - Fists_of_Fury 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - The Problem Gay and Lesbian Pride - The Problem Gay and Lesbian Pride - The Problem 

Overrated to casuals because of the fame but us hardcore fans have a sober take on him. A very good but not great fighter.
_original_ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 11:46 AM #149
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1900 Post(s)
abracada has a reputation beyond reputeabracada has a reputation beyond reputeabracada has a reputation beyond reputeabracada has a reputation beyond reputeabracada has a reputation beyond reputeabracada has a reputation beyond reputeabracada has a reputation beyond reputeabracada has a reputation beyond reputeabracada has a reputation beyond reputeabracada has a reputation beyond reputeabracada has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 50,600.59
Total Points: 57,256.01

Quote:
Originally Posted by g27region View Post
Don't get me wrong, I love Tyson, he's the face of boxing right now for me, a charismatic person.

I appreciate that he's the fighter who made pro boxing popular among youth in Russia in 90's (this is where I'm from). People wouldn't care that much about the sport over here if it wasn't for him

Some dog owners name their pit bulls after Tyson. I had a friend and he's called Tyson because he loves ****ing people up. Tyson has that kind of fame that went over American borders. Even Pacquiao and Mayweather never had that kind of international fame when you think about it. When you ask a casual person about some boxers, Tyson is always the second name that gets mentioned after Ali. I don't know how it is in America, but that's how it is over here. Ali, Tyson, maybe Roy Jones and that's it, they barely know any other names

And I get that he was famous not because of his resume but because of the manner how he was winning fights. Definitely one of the most entertaining fighters of all time. But when you look at his resume you start thinking that all this hype isn't justified. Holyfield and Lewis were much better and they were coming from the same generation of heavyweights. I made this thread because I got tired arguing with casuals when I say that Tyson is not even top 5 heavyweight of all time

Man, you can even make an argument for Golovkin's resume being better and I'm not hating on Tyson, I have a lot of respect for him
Broner wins this.
abracada is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 12:03 PM #150
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 575 Post(s)
PRINCEKOOL has a reputation beyond reputePRINCEKOOL has a reputation beyond reputePRINCEKOOL has a reputation beyond reputePRINCEKOOL has a reputation beyond reputePRINCEKOOL has a reputation beyond reputePRINCEKOOL has a reputation beyond reputePRINCEKOOL has a reputation beyond reputePRINCEKOOL has a reputation beyond reputePRINCEKOOL has a reputation beyond reputePRINCEKOOL has a reputation beyond reputePRINCEKOOL has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 13,883.87

It is also a giant myth that beating Mike Tyson was as easy as standing up to him 'And that he was some kind of bully', Buster Douglas was asked if he ever saw quit in Mike Tyson's eye's and he replied 'That he never saw quit in his eye's at any stage of the fight' People may be reminded that after being knocked down on the canvas, Mike Tyson was not only regaining his senses but searching for his gum shield. Sugar Ray Leonard once stated that the boxing ring will reveal your true self, and a fighter or any man will always revert back to type when under pressure. Some people go on a defensive, and some people go on a offensive. Mike Tyson always in all of his defeats, fought until the bitter end just like a Lion 'He did not just disappear, or roll over'.

Up against Danny Williams, with a injured knee? He took something like 20 + unanswered punches, then still found the fire from somewhere inside of his being to swing a punch back before being knocked to the canvas violently. Some of these attributes where physical in nature 'But a lot of them where not', the point I am trying to stipulate here is? That there is a myth that Mike Tyson was a stereotypical bully, that he was somehow weak internally and had no resolve. Nothing in his upbringing, and outside of the ring troubles in life have ever highlighted the myth that he is weak internally or has no resolve.

And when the inside of the ring, a place where no man can hide? Forget boxing, the man was a instinctual fighter, survivalist until the bitter end. There are two things that can display a fighters real greatest. Those two things are 'HOW you win' and 'How you Lose'. Fair play he took it to the street against Evander Holyfield, but it was not out of being afraid or weak internally'

When Mike Tyson fought Lennox Lewis, it was vividly apparent after afew rounds that? By just walking forward, Mike Tyson was going to be met with increasing destructive and violent punches from not only a super-heavyweight, but one of the biggest punches of the 90's IN Lennox Lewis. Not in any point in that fight, did Mike Tyson take a backward step voluntary.

In closing, Mike Tyson was not overrated.

Last edited by PRINCEKOOL; 02-03-2019 at 12:22 PM.
PRINCEKOOL is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

Tags
ever?, fighters, mike, overrated, tyson

User Tag List