Top Rank Card: Alvarez vs Kovalev

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
    And it starts at midnight smh
    Kovalev and Lopez fights start on midnight on the app, but other fights start at 10 pm est.....Not that it makes it any better or anything lol.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
      Yessir, check the prior page where I broke down the schedule.
      Man, that just ruined my week. Lol

Why? Because I record fights in HD from my DVR to my laptop...been dong it for years. Now I need to find an app that'll allow me to record streams to my laptop.

When I say I love the sport....I do! So, whenever I go back to watch fights, I like to see them in HD. What a bummer, but I'm sure there's a way to get it done.

THIS is why I say streaming services for boxing should also be played on television....well, the ones that actually have cable channels here in the US (ESPN, FOX, FS1, Showtime, etc).

I feel streaming should be an option, not an end all be all....but hey, what can we do? Lol

Comment

Originally posted by MeanestNiceGuy View Post
        Man, that just ruined my week. Lol

Why? Because I record fights in HD from my DVR to my laptop...been dong it for years. Now I need to find an app that'll allow me to record streams to my laptop.

When I say I love the sport....I do! So, whenever I go back to watch fights, I like to see them in HD. What a bummer, but I'm sure there's a way to get it done.

THIS is why I say streaming services for boxing should also be played on television....well, the ones that actually have cable channels here in the US (ESPN, FOX, FS1, Showtime, etc).

I feel streaming should be an option, not an end all be all....but hey, what can we do? Lol
        Just buy a roku or firestick and then you can watch the app on your television in good quality and you will be able to record it that way.

Comment

Just buy a roku or firestick and then you can watch the app on your television in good quality and you will be able to record it that way.
          Sounds like a plan!

Comment

Originally posted by MeanestNiceGuy View Post
            Sounds like a plan!
            https://www.roku.com/products/roku-express

I got this just for ESPN+ and DAZN and it works great. How you record it and stuff? That's beyond my expertise lol.

Comment

Originally posted by DuckAdonis View Post
              Would be something if Kov manages to win and make a comeback...wouldn't expect it at all though. But he has the skills to do it

Kovalev needs to box off the backfoot and make Alvarez commit to his shots...Alvarez isn't nearly as good when he is the one coming forward than he is countering. Kov should wait until Alvarez makes a mistake and not rush his work like last time.
              Good analysis. Could be a retirement fight for Kovalev

Comment

This is a great card. I'm looking forward to see if Kovalev can do better in a rematch.

Comment

See, I don't think he had Alvarez THAT hurt and Alvarez will only gain more confidence from the first fight. And I also didn't see Kovalev in full control as others. Maybe rounds wise he was up by a solid score, but he was getting touched up and the fight was still competitive. Alvarez though is beatable. He's kind of inconsistent and we have seen him have some sub-par performances. But right now he is riding high on KOing Kovalev the first time and he is probably at the peak of his prowess. Kovalev is up against it here.
                  I never saw Alvarez hurt in that fight. Alvarez jab was brutalizing K with the jab to start the fight. K did start winning IMO but Alvarez adjusted and destroyed him. Alvarez should utilize his jab from start to end. I thought he quit throwing it and that's when K started taking winning. Alvarez did not throw power punches in the early rounds, when he did K was done.

I'm going with Alvarez by knockout again.

Comment

It may not be all that stacked in terms of the match ups itself, but a lot of big names on it and likely a lot of fun fights.
                    The main event covers it all. It's a very important fight for both protagonist and for boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                      Czyz and Pacheco suck so bad. I I miss the days of a Cosell or Dunphy that would just call the fight and draw me in as a fan because the commentary was about the fight, not the network or the guy signed to it.
                      Gil Clancy and Tim Ryan back in the 80s when CBS had weekend fights. They were the best commentary team of all time. They made you feel like you were at the fights with them.

Comment

Working...
                      X