Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does Mikey want to fight Spence so badly?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this fool been fighting bums all his life its about time he steps up. i give him credit for doing this.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
      What is a lie? There is nothing about my post that was a lie.

And if Mikey fights Spence in February, why can't he make the Lomachenko fight afterwards? Who the hell cares it won't be for the undisputed LW title? Winner would be THE guy anyways.
      Again for me the thing that stops the Loma fight from happening is how Mikey loses. Spence has won his last 11 fights by KO and has a won 90% of his fights by ko/tko. Mikey's chin hasn't rlly been tested, Spence could potentially ruin him.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
        I think a big part of the reason Mikey left TR is because he didn't want to be put in the position with Loma that Arum put Cotto in with Manny.

Mikey wants to be the top earner in the sport so he must think this is the way to get there.
        he has a better chance at earning more if he would have stayed with TR. look at crawford. mikey didnt wanna play his part. you need to play your part before you can eat. TR would have promoted mikey into a star.

Comment

Nah, don't think he is slicker. Brook is a very very good boxer, but he is flat footed and can't get out of the way of a jab to save his life. Like seriously, Spence/GGG broke his damn face because they kept working that jab over and over and over again. Garcia is flat out better than Brook, just not bigger than him. Brook was the one WW who was not only bigger than Spence, but probably physically stronger than him. He pushed him around a few times in the clinches, but Spence is relentless and his body attack plus the jab was too much for Brook.
          no way in hell mikey is better than brook....maybe in calling big names and not fighting but not is the squared circle....slower and more technical yes. brooks whoops his ass everyday of the week...i still dont believe hes gonna fight Spence...all this big head MFer does is talk and call big names and fights bums.
          Last edited by Rayzah; 11-01-2018, 10:00 AM.

Comment

Cause he'll have an excuse if he loses. If he loses to the smaller Lomachenko it'll destroy his ego. Honestly I hope Spence breaks his face and damages him the way he did to Brook. That's what he deserves, **** him.

Comment

Originally posted by Akan View Post
              Again for me the thing that stops the Loma fight from happening is how Mikey loses. Spence has won his last 11 fights by KO and has a won 90% of his fights by ko/tko. Mikey's chin hasn't rlly been tested, Spence could potentially ruin him.
              And if Spence starts putting a beating on Mikey, his corner can take him out. Spence isn't a big one punch KO artist, so unlikely he gets a Bundu type of KO here. He ends up grinding you out. It will be on Robert when it becomes ugly to pull him out.

But again, if Mikey went up after the Lipinets/Broner fights, would people be talking about him getting ruined or him jumping up two weight classes? The man is a champion just one weight class below WW. Is it a tough task? Absolutely, but lets see it play out. Garcia is a legitimate top 5ish talent in the game with textbook fundamentals. This is a smart SMART boxing family. His dad took three fighters from scratch and made them world champions. May be the first to ever accomplish that. Vargas/Robert/Mikey from day one were trained by Eduardo Garcia and became champions. So this is a boxing family with them being lifers. They wouldn't take this fight if they thought Mikey was going to get destroyed like everyone else does.

Comment

Originally posted by PanchoGomez View Post
                no way in hell mikey is better than brooks....maybe in calling big names and not fighting but not is the squared circle....slower and more technical yes. brooks whoops his ass everyday of the week...i still dont believe hes gonna fight Spence...all this big head MFer does is talk and call big names and fights bums.
                Mikey is not better than "Brooks"? Okay then.

Comment

Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
                  He wont be the top earner in the sport no matter what he does. He could be in the convo though.

Some guys are just blessed with skill and admiration like Canelo and Joshua. People just want to watch them for whatever reason

Mikey can earn big bucks but he’s always been a smartish guy and wants to be in control of his own destiny. Beating Spence is better than beating Loma from a sheer size perspective. It’s a spectacle. People will want to see the small guy who beat the big guy.

Everyone knows Arum steals and I’m sure Mikey didnt want to waste his best years and fights getting ripped off and then discarded to hype another guy up
                  I think it's a long shot as well but he seems to think he can replicate what Floyd did. If he beats Spence and Manny this year that would be 2 really good PPV paydays.

I'd still rather him have fight Commey and then Loma.

Comment

And if Spence starts putting a beating on Mikey, his corner can take him out. Spence isn't a big one punch KO artist, so unlikely he gets a Bundu type of KO here. He ends up grinding you out. It will be on Robert when it becomes ugly to pull him out.

But again, if Mikey went up after the Lipinets/Broner fights, would people be talking about him getting ruined or him jumping up two weight classes? The man is a champion just one weight class below WW. Is it a tough task? Absolutely, but lets see it play out. Garcia is a legitimate top 5ish talent in the game with textbook fundamentals. This is a smart SMART boxing family. His dad took three fighters from scratch and made them world champions. May be the first to ever accomplish that. Vargas/Robert/Mikey from day one were trained by Eduardo Garcia and became champions. So this is a boxing family with them being lifers. They wouldn't take this fight if they thought Mikey was going to get destroyed like everyone else does.
                    Neither lipinets nor broner have the size or the proven power Spence has though. And if this fight is about pride i doubt they'd pull Mikey out if he's being grinded out, not only that fathers are notoriously bad at pulling their sons out of a beating in boxing, it's why they nearly banned father son corners.

Comment

What is a lie? There is nothing about my post that was a lie.

And if Mikey fights Spence in February, why can't he make the Lomachenko fight afterwards? Who the hell cares it won't be for the undisputed LW title? Winner would be THE guy anyways.
                      It was a lie that Mikey vs Loma wouldn't happen in 2019 if it wasnt for this fight. Are you serious ? Of course it won't be the same if Mikey fights Spence. And the matchup being for Undisputed is a big thing. If Spence batters Mikey, and there's a big chance of that happening, it will ruin the Loma-Mikey matchup and his own career. He won't be the same fighter after if he can even make lightweight anymore. The people will just make excuses and I doubt Mikey would be on the p4p lists anymore after a beat down. The fight goes down the drain because of this mismatch. How can you support that ? Why won't he fight Loma first before doing some stupid **** like that ? Probably because there is no shame in losing to Spence..it's win win for him.

Comment

Working...
                      X