No announcement yet.

Errol Spence New York Times interview

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Errol Spence New York Times interview

Errol Spence Jr., 28, the International Boxing Federation’s welterweight champion, is known for his intense fighting style and his self-made career. But the same adjectives could be used to characterize his fashion sense. Before his next bout in December, here is what the welterweight titleholder is wearing outside the ring.

1. Shirt
    I have a Givenchy shirt in black with red stripes. It’s a collared shirt and good for when I’m going out. I discovered the brand through Instagram. For me, fashion is about researching and going online, and seeing what different styles entertainers and athletes and interesting people are wearing. I had a stylist at one time, but I didn’t like what he was bringing me. I decided to do it just myself.

2. Pants
    I’m not into slacks or jeans. I’m more a sweatpants type of guy. I have both fancy and simple ones. I have a Moncler sweatpant, but then I also like ones by EPTM which are only $30 or $40. As long as they look nice, I’m into them. That’s something with fashion that took practice and work. I don’t have to buy a $700 shirt or a $1,000 pant all the time. I might go to Zara or H&M. I can also do a $60 shirt and $50 pant, and make it look good.

3. Suit
    My favorite suit jacket is by Giorgio Armani and suit pants by Zanella. Because I do a lot of research on what I’m wearing, I found out a lot of suit companies actually use Armani and Zanella fabrics. And they’re both Italian made and the companies have been around a long time. The reputations speak for themselves. For suits, I go for more of a lively look: checked patterns and things like that. I don’t like boring or dull colors. I do like slim cuts and single-breasted jackets.

4. Shoes
    I used to wear Louboutin loafers, but they would hurt my feet after an hour. And then I had a pair of Ferragamos that were lace-up. I wore them all night and I didn’t have any issues. So I got the loafers now in black suede. I keep my footwear more low-key. I let the suit do the talking.

5. Accessories

I’m not necessarily an accessory kind of guy. With a nice suit, I’ll just wear a watch. I have always liked watches. My first was a Rolex. I got a Hublot as well. Then I switched to Patek Philippe. The one I have is stainless steel and is dead stock now; they don’t make it anymore. You always see someone with a Rolex. You usually don’t see a Patek Philippe or an Audemars unless you’re an entertainer, or a certain business person. It’s a different level.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/04/f...ing-style.html

Next fight in December.

Comment

Why's Errol's shoulders so damn hunched up? Relax my man, you're the IBF king

Comment

Errol spence is a great fighter but has the charisma and charm of a old wet mop that's been drained but still has a smell...…..actually scratch the smell because the evokes emotion. Hes just a old drained wet mop with no smell

Comment

Wow, did not expect him to be so fashion savvy. I sold designer suits when I was in school and know a bit about that shyt.
          Liking that belt. Louis Vuitton I'm guessing by the buckle?

Comment

#FreeTheNipple #Overrated

If he was a real warrior he would fight Golovkin like Brook did. Fraud.

Comment

Wow his shopping habits are way out if my league. LOL. Looking very sharp in that suit.

Comment

Fan friendly fighter. Olympic boxer. Went to enemy territory and won his belt. Potential big fights in Crawford, M.Garcia, D.Garcia/Porter, Thurman. There's talk about and dig deep into, get some new revelations and insight - instead we get an article about what kind of sweatpants he wears.

Yeesh.

Comment

This fashion stuff made me respect Spence a bit more. I always liked him, entertaining and humble, not a loudmouth, giving the credit when the credit is due. Patek Philippe is my ****, good taste

Comment

[QUOTE]I might go to ....or H&M[/QUOTE]

i shop there too, i like frugal people like myself

Comment

Working...
                    X