No announcement yet.

Hearn making the Immediate rematch is a terrible mistake

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's the social media age

Lewis didn't rematch McCall immediatley, Klitschko didn't with his losses either and both "got away with it" back then

Now with social media and **** talkers everywhere this is the only real option for AJ, but I see it as the only way he wins Is IF there really was something wrong with him in the first fight.

Comment

AJ has some of his fans so brainwashed that they still believe he can beat Wilder and Fury after he pulls a miracle against Ruiz in the rematch. It'll be entertaining while it lasts, but he's not going to win against Andy's style and experience. Doesn't matter how many fans cheer him on. Boxing isn't a popularity contest.

Comment

Originally posted by Biolink View Post
        Joshua got his ass kicked/outboxed from pillar to post besides the 1 knockdown he scored(which was more of Ruiz being off balanced while punching).

Kovalev actually had success against Alvarez in that 1st fight. He was outboxing him and ahead on all 3 scorecards and the punch stats before he got lazy and got clipped.

It's not the same kind of comeback that Joshua would have to pull off.
        I disagree. Joshua did have success. He won rounds and got a knockdown. You should put some money down on Ruiz for the rematch cause he's a +270 underdog right now.

Comment

Originally posted by |DARKSEID| View Post
          If Joshua gets owned by Ruiz again, he's done. There's no coming back from getting your ass beat twice in a row. Joshua will be damaged goods. I mean in what dimension, is fighting the guy that just easily beat your ass right away, a good decision lol? The fight wasn't even close.

If Hearn instead gave Joshua some tune up fights, and allowed him to improve, Joshua can start thinking "I just wasn't ready, I wasn't as good in the first fight as I am now"

But if he faces Ruiz immediately, and gets raped again, which is most likely what will happen, that's career homocide.
          But it’s now or never.

Decline the rematch clause and maybe AJ gets his confidence back and improves ... or maybe he gets sparked out again by someone lesser. The public’s patience isn’t going to be long for a guy who was recently unified champ to fight outright bums, so he’d have to carefully choose overranked contenders and that’s exactly what Ruiz was, more or less, so that could backfire.

And it’s not about AJ being able to build himself back to the point where he could beat Ruiz ... by that time, Ruiz and Wilder or Fury will have fought a unification and maybe Andy no longer has the straps (he’d be an underdog to each and doesn’t IMO present the same matchup problems for those two).

So then Fury or Wilder has all the belts and it’s B-side, possibly rebuilt AJ (and who could tell — he beats 2 or 3 lesser guys and maybe he is no more ready to win than he was against Ruiz) taking whatever they choose to offer... maybe this time it’s him who gets the take-it-or-leave-it lowball offer.

I mean, what’s he going to do, fight Chisora? Is that going to make him better, really? Or some Euro can? Or Hughie Fury lol?

Comment

All we hear is what Eddie and embarrassed AJ Fanatics want which is the rematch immediate, WTF does AJ himself wants. He needs to take some time off and get his mind right. He lost on a Saturday then that money Eddie Hearn is running around talking about "Rematch October/November"

Greed could ruin AJ career to the point of no return and I personally don't want that to happen at all. Give the man time, can he fully recover first mentally then start considering the rematch

Eddie Hearn scrambling to maintain Leverage is what he is done and if Rivas beats Whyte, Eddie is really FOOKED!

Comment

If they know where they messed up they could maybe pull off a win in a rematch. I don't think it would be easy but it's possible.

Comment

Can Joshua move and control distance for 12 rounds? Idk but that's about the only way.

Comment

Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
                  I disagree. Joshua did have success. He won rounds and got a knockdown. You should put some money down on Ruiz for the rematch cause he's a +270 underdog right now.
                  I’m going to. I just can’t see how Joshua beats him. Ruiz ate a right hand that was a killshot with just about any other heavyweight past or present. The punch I’m talking about is the right Joshua connected with right after Ruiz got up from his knockdown. Joshua stepped into it and it landed flush the chin snapping Ruiz head so violently I thought his skull was gonna spin off his shoulders but Ruiz ate it like was a snickers and then started tagging Joshua.

I do suppose Joshua could “box” him at distance and jab him to death and tie him up any time he gets close but I don’t know if Joshua has the skills or the patience to pull that off?

Comment

AJ got dominated.

And it’s fine AJ is around the 15-20th best HW right now.

He was just massively overrrated.

You see now why Hearn blew up all the big fights for him.

AJ just is not a top 10 guy. It’s fine, but go fight in the UK against David price and Chisaro and make your money.

Hearn keeps killing this dude with his mouth.

Comment

I feel like Bob Arum is reading my posts lol

This isn't the first time I said something, and then a few minutes later..

Bob Arum: Just said the same exact thing I said.

Comment

Working...
                      X