Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The rematch determines who Joshua is as a fighter.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The rematch determines who Joshua is as a fighter.

There can only be two things that would come out from the rematch.

1. Ruiz does it again and destroy Joshua once more, and puts a nail in Joshua's career coffin.

or 2. Joshua destroys Andy Ruiz Jr. and proved to the fans the loss was just a fluke and that Ruiz caught an overconfident Joshua that thought he could just bulldoze Ruiz.

Let's see if Joshua could make a Lennox Lewis and do a second part of his career, then I can make a judgement on Joshua. One loss is not enough.

I don't think the rematch will be "destructive" either way. I'd expect Joshua to box at a distance and collect rounds on his way to a comfortable decision, possibly in Old Blighty. That would be my guess, anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Beamish View Post
      I don't think the rematch will be "destructive" either way. I'd expect Joshua to box at a distance and collect rounds on his way to a comfortable decision, possibly in Old Blighty. That would be my guess, anyway.
      I expect him to do a Povetkin on him, box box box, and then counter destructively. Andy Ruiz is like Povetkin but Joshua thought he could bulldoze him.

Comment

AJ should win the rematch if he doesn't fight stupid again. (This could be good for Ruiz's health, because if he wins again, he might face Wilder. Not good.)

Comment

I think the rematch is gonna show whats up with both guys. Ruiz is still a bit of a fluke guy now to a lot of people I think, but if he beats Joshua as impressively the 2nd time as he did the first time, he'll be legit as f#ck. Ruiz vs Wilder, Ruiz vs Fury could be a thing in 2020.

Comment

This wasn't a fluke punch this was a comprehensive ass whopping for 4 rounds

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
              True, but it only happened because Joshua fought like an idiot.

Comment

Can't wait for this rematch. I am looking forward to that fight more than any other this year (with the possible exception of Pac vs. Thurman). However, Lennox was an over-hyped bum, and he should not be used as a barometer for greatness. A better comparison would be how Ali came back after losing to Norton; he avenged the loss, whooped smokin' Joe's ass in that rematch, then KO'd Foreman when people were saying he would get killed.

Comment

I still have Joshua a favourite against Ruiz in the re-match. I do not consider Ruiz to be a top-level contender. Yes, he is fast, can box and punch, and is resilient but he is no champ material. Joshua should have won that match based on his physique, height and reach advantage along with the level of boxing skills he has. This match was an upset rather than what was expected.

However, Joshua has to come out that night with confidence and be able to handle the pressure. I think it was the pressure of "outspeaking" Wilder leading up to the match and "out-doing" Wilder inside the ring that got to him. No wonder they want to make it in the UK.

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                    Correct, it wasnt close. An absolute beat down and the same will happen again. All this garbage 'AJ will box smart behind his jab' - BS as his jab is average at best and we know he gasses early and isn't capable of fighting on the back foot which will happen if he tries to play it safe. Ruiz most definitely has him figured out.

Comment

Working...
                    X