Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why should the rematch be held in the UK?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Szef View Post
    no, no i dont.

what us sport events, other than nfl games (which is the most popular sport in america) gets such attendance?

granted, i do believe that if they promoted it right, they could sell out a stadium in the us for the rematch. but thats thanks to the mexicans and the british, who are the most loyal fans in the sport.

but if they tried that with wilder or spence, it would flop. no matter how cheap the tickets would be.
    Most Americans are too fat & lazy to get off the couch and attend a sporting event, even if it was free.

Comment

Originally posted by WhatDisButtonDo View Post
      UK fans are weird af man. They think having the average joe pay a ticket to a fight will create more gate and revenue than having a bunch of much richer people pay to get in. It's weird.

Another thing I wanna address about stupid UK fans is this.

If Majority of our American stars went to a college stadium at 35 a pop you don't think they would have 80 people show up? Not to mention that Eddie Hearn and Matchroom were buying every ticket and then reselling them which is why they sold out so quick. UK Fans are some of the most delusional people on the planet, they really thought Joshua was selling tickets faster than The Beatles, Michael Jackson, Drake or Adele...man gtfo
      I hate this kind of discussion because it seems to descend into nationalistic ranting on here. However I must ask if it's as easy as that, why don't they do it? Easy money and a higher profile to boot, making it easier to sell PPV's.
      So what's the problem?

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
        If it's held in the UK not as many people are going to see it.

They won't make the same amount of revenue

The fight loses all it's momentum

Other than TUE exemptions tell my why the rematch should be held in the UK?

Is AJ that mentally weak that he needs the hometown advantage and hometown refs?
        I think it will make lots of money in the Uk. Of course AJ wants the home country advantage after the beating he took.

Comment

Is AJ that mentally weak that he needs the hometown advantage and hometown refs?
          AJ is considered a fraud and a joke here in the USA. Ruiz is a virtual unknown who never was a draw among Mexican or American fans. This suggests having the fight in the USA would be a huge risk financially.

Have it in England because there is no financial risk because we know the British fans will buy tickets with the hopes of seeing AJ resurrect his career.

The other thing-if Ruiz wins again then AJ's career is over in front of his countrymen and nothing would be better than to watch them drunkenly cry in their empty beer cups.

Oh man that would be enjoyable. Of course the fight will be on DAZN so there will probably be glitches and other technical problems such that we will not get to see AJ get his ass beat a 2nd time without interruption.
          Last edited by The Big Dunn; 06-05-2019, 10:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by denium View Post
            It should be in the UK because its a big fight and the UK is the home of HW boxing.
            No it isn't. Two Americans now hold all heavyweight title belts and more of the top 10 heavyweight contenders live in the USA. Wilder and Ruiz now own all the titles. The USA has top 10 contenders Ortiz, Miller and the Polish guy who's name I forget while AJ, Fury and Whyte is all the UK has. The heavyweight champion has been an American far more often than an Englishman. In fact the USA has had well over three times the number of heavyweight champions as the UK has had. Count them up and see.

Comment

There was a rematch clause in the contract which Ruiz signed. I think it's a safe bet that it gives AJ the right to decide where the rematch happens.

Is Ruiz so mentally weak that he would rather be sued for breach of contract and lose his titles than fight AJ in the UK?

I doubt it. Stop crying for him, he doesn't need your crocodile tears.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                No it isn't. Two Americans now hold all heavyweight title belts and more of the top 10 heavyweight contenders live in the USA. Wilder and Ruiz now own all the titles. The USA has top 10 contenders Ortiz (Cuban), Miller (Banned for multiple PED offences) and the Polish guy who's name I forget while AJ, Fury and Whyte is all the UK has. The heavyweight champion has been an American far more often than an Englishman. In fact the USA has had well over three times the number of heavyweight champions as the UK has had. Count them up and see.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
                  Plenty of money to be made holding it in the U.K. In fact, Ruiz will not earn a higher purse against any other opponent AND he would be accepting a greater risk by fighting Wilder, Fury, Parker for less money. Ruiz said he'd like the rematch to be in Mexico...talk about not making as much money. If he is willing to fight in Mexico, he should be willing to fight in the U.K. and give AJ the same opportunity that was extended to him.
                  UK fights do not make more than US fights. Stop!

Comment

Originally posted by Szef View Post
                    no, no i dont.

what us sport events, other than nfl games (which is the most popular sport in america) gets such attendance?
                    College football and Nascar

Comment

College football and Nascar
                      AJ and Ruiz trying to ram each other off the circuit in nascars would be fun!

Comment

Working...
                      X