• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joshua turned down rematch clause

According to dante boxing nation
    OUCH if true

I wouldnt rematch Joshua either lmao

So whats happens if Uncle Haymon throws a ton of money for Ruiz to fight Wilder. Wilder KOs him, joshua would be forced to fight Wilder for whatever Wilder wants to give him
    Crazy how the tables may have potentially turned

I say let's get it on; Wilder vs Ruiz for the Undisputed heavyweight championship of the world. I am all down for it. Remember that Andy Ruiz had called Wilder out in his post fight press conference after defeating Anthony Joshua.

Hopefully, Wilder can pay Ortiz some set aside money in order to get this fight done. We might as well face it. Uncle Al owns and control the Heavyweight crown now and not Eddie Hearn or Matchroom.

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post

Hopefully, Wilder can pay Ortiz some set aside money in order to get this fight done.
      But why? The rematch needs to happen.

Comment

Gonna need a better source

But wouldn't surprise me if aj thinks/said he needs some time off

Without aj being aj hearn doesn't have much skin in the global boxing scene...aj was his ticket

You'd think hearn would throw big money at Ruiz to get a rematch in the UK...but hearn might not feel confident that would be a good idea or even worth it....and as I said aj might want some time away now who knows

Comment

Originally posted by HitmanTommy View Post
          But why? The rematch needs to happen.
          I agree, understand and get all of that but if Anthony Joshua decides that he doesn't want anymore work from Andy Ruiz, then I believe that a Deontay Wilder vs an Andy Ruiz, Jr Undisputed Heavyweight Championship fight is the right way to go and is the next big fight to make at this time.

Comment

.......they asked Joshua in the ring whether or not he will exercise the immediate rematch clause. He said absolutely for the whole world to hear.

This is just wishful thinking on behalf of fanboys.

Comment

"According to dante boxing nation"

Very credible source bro lmao

Comment

As if Eddie Hearn wouldn't have had a rematch clause in the contract lol.

All these LDBC type YouTube channels are FAKE NEWS.

Comment

Joshua wouldn't make the call on turning down a rematch so soon.

It could happen doe. Joshua seemed more into fighting Wilder than Ruiz again in some of the post fight sh^t I saw. And idk if its a great idea to fight Ruiz again in 6mos with how it all went down.

Comment

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
                    .......they asked Joshua in the ring whether or not he will exercise the immediate rematch clause. He said absolutely for the whole world to hear.

This is just wishful thinking on behalf of fanboys.
                    I was going to post this.

Comment

Working...
                    X