Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The last time a substitute opponent won a world title fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The last time a substitute opponent won a world title fight?

Guys get injured/test positive fairly often but when was the last time a replacement pulled off the upset?

Khan/Garcia, maybe?

Comment

Manny Pacquiao when he whooped Lehlo Ledwaba is the one that comes to mind

Comment

Originally posted by MeanestNiceGuy View Post
        Khan/Garcia, maybe?
        Was Garcia a replacement? I highly doubt it but who knows. Can't remember

Comment

Originally posted by boxinggod101 View Post
          Was Garcia a replacement? I highly doubt it but who knows. Can't remember
          Khan-Peterson 2 was meant to happen in March but Peterson popped so Khan-Garcia was made for July. Technically he was a replacement but he had a full camp to prepare.

Comment

At HW? or in general? Wasn't Douglas a last minute replacement or a late stay busy fight for Tyson in Tokyo in Japan?

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
              Khan-Peterson 2 was meant to happen in March but Peterson popped so Khan-Garcia was made for July. Technically he was a replacement but he had a full camp to prepare.
              Actually, Khan/Peterson 2 was supposed to happen in May, not March.

Comment

Korobov. He beat Charlo but the judges bench was full of Stevie Wonders

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                  At HW? or in general? Wasn't Douglas a last minute replacement or a late stay busy fight for Tyson in Tokyo in Japan?
                  Sanders beating Klitschko was a couple of years after that in heavy. He had 4 weeks notice I think in 2003
                  Last edited by jreckoning; 05-01-2019, 02:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
                    Guys get injured/test positive fairly often but when was the last time a replacement pulled off the upset?
                    danny garcia was a replacement when he fought khan if i remember right

Comment

Working...
                    X