Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He had a panic attack because steroids altering his hormones

91-D1-AF1-C-92-F0-4728-BB82-CF0-CD67693-B5
    DEA68-D96-B9-B9-49-B8-891-E-4763-E440-F0-E7

Last edited by THEFRESHBRAWLER; 06-03-2019, 11:26 PM.

Comment

Deal with it. As a hockey goalie growing up I had one before every ****ing game. If you can’t deal with it, you shouldn’t be an athlete.

Comment

He had a panic attack when Ruiz buzzed the side of his head! Joshua is a typical overhyped british fraud!

Comment

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
          He got hurt bad in the third. Btw, you should be a sports psychologist.
          LOL.
          Mental midget thought his work was done when he dropped fat boy

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
            Mental midget thought his work was done when he dropped fat boy
            Probably. Ruiz did not look hurt at all though.
            It's weird. He's normally a pretty good inside fighter but Ruiz fast hands threw him off. He could not time him at all coming in and he's got a nice uppercut. A beauty, really.

He just seem dazed, mental or physical whatever.

Comment

AJ was in Miami having fun and vlogging instead of taking his training seriously. He was not disciplined. He came to the training camp not focused, got dropped in sparring, got mentally destroyed going into the fight, and that's what happens. He has no one but himself to blame.

Comment

Originally posted by El Gitano View Post
                If you've had a panicked attack, your usually back to normal in a matter of minutes.
                Naw, man. I've said elsewhere that I ain't excusing Joshua - the mental **** is as much (in fact I'd say more) of what makes a fighter as the physical - but a panic attack is basically an uncontrolled and overwhelming fight/flight response - massive adrenaline spike, hyperventilation; the energy use is enormous and leaves you shaky and weak for hours at least. Your breathing might be settled after a few minutes and you can appear calm, in fact whilst I haven't looked into it (and based on my own personal experiences) my guess is your body will then rebound and the parasympathetic nervous system will kick in to rebalance you - likely flooding you with seratonin and dopamine - you can feel excessively calm, even detached... definitely not what you need going into a fight even hours later.

In fact thinking about it there's probably something of a chemical tightrope being walked in the minutes and hours prior to a fight - we've all experienced the keyed up feeling before an important event when shits on the line and the adrenaline can help us perform to our maximum ability if it's kept in check - too little and you ain't at 100% - too much and it spirals into a feedback loop and a panic response.

That said, if a panic attack is in fact what happened (and AFAIK there's been no actual legit proof) and if it's recurring - could just have been a one off - it's hard to see where AJ goes from here... ain't gonna fault a man for his automatic responses - and I'd be some kinda hypocrite if I did - and I ain't gonna call it 'weak' like some idiots on here (that **** can happen to anyone in the right circumstances - can even be induced clinically in animals, and so probably also in us), but it might not be the right sport for the dude.
                Last edited by Citizen Koba; 06-04-2019, 02:39 AM.

Comment

Mate! it's part and parcel of the fighting game. You know what would be better for him? Getting his rematch and doing the same to Ruiz. That wouldn't erase what happened in the first fight but it go a long way to help his tarnished reputation. Lewis/Rahman rematch came to mind.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
                    Deal with it. As a hockey goalie growing up I had one before every ****ing game. If you can’t deal with it, you shouldn’t be an athlete.

1st of all no you didn't and 2nd? Goalie? So your crap at hockey.

Comment

Lol this has got to be a joke? Modern HW boxing lol, talking about being insensitive to a HW champ haha.

If I had a v4gina between by legs I might give a fucc, what is this gay chit? Something in the water perhaps...

Comment

Working...
                      X