Collapse
No announcement yet.

So my wife doesn't want my son watching boxing/combat anymore

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who hasn't gotten into fights at school at some point when they were a kid? He'd probably do that even if he wasn't watching boxing, tbh

Comment

Originally posted by HitmanTommy View Post
      I have tried telling her that this is the real world and you have to stand up for yourself.

She understands that a person has to stand up for themself, but what she doesn't understand is that sometimes you need violence in order to do it. She keeps saying that when she was a kid, she never had to hit anyone. She was always able to talk and address the situation.

She only believes in talking and "working it out". She keeps telling him to try talking to the kids that are picking on him and if they don't stop "go tell the teacher or principle what they are doing and they will handle it".

I was proud when he punched that kid in the face and gave him a bloody nose, but my wife was extremely upset, because like I said, she doesn't think violence is the answer to anything and was also mad at the fact that he didn't try talking to him. He said he just hit the kid because he was picking on him.
      Of course your wife just talked things out. Females by nature are more passive, while males are more aggressive. Explain the use of controlled aggression to your son and tell him to make sure he doesn't start fights or bullies people. But if someone starts with him, do what he has to to defend himself only if necessary. Explain to your wife that boys can't be passive like girls and your son will be picked on more if he tries to be passive. If she doesn't listen, tell her to shut her pie hole and go in the kitchen and make you some pancakes!

Comment

Originally posted by bballchump11 View Post
        There's a lot of little kids on this site based off of the responses in this thread so far.
        op must be trolling

Comment

She says boxing/ufc etc is setting a bad example for our son who is still a kid, even though he loves watching boxing just as much as I do. These past few months, he's been getting into fights at school and even got suspended once.

He's told us that he was defending himself. He said this last fight was because a bigger kid was picking on him and so in order to get him to stop, he punched him in the face without notice and the kid ended up with a bloody nose. Well he got into a fight again last week and now my wife no longer wants him to watch combat sports saying it's setting a bad example for him as according to her, violence doesn't solve anything.

He wanted to watch the Hurd vs Williams fight and sat in the living room with me, but when my wife saw what was on, she got mad and told him to go to his room or watch something else. I told her to calm down it's ok and then she started yelling at me saying I'm not helping the situation.

Any father been in this situation?
          if kids are messing with him at school he should defend himself. If she wants him to be a softee thats on her. If I was her I would be more worried about those kids bullying my kid.

Comment

the problem is not boxing , is you not teaching him how to behave.
            1.- Put a stop to your wife. if she is the one that "words solve everything" , then she cant be mad about your child watching TV. he is no fighting there. Long conversation there.
            2.- Your child needs a parent-child moment. yeah you defend yourself thats fine, but not every week, thats just looking for fights. take him to a martial art school, they teach them how to behave even knowing that they can win a fight.
            3.- dont comeback to this forum with your personal problems. we have enough with some kids in here.

Comment

Originally posted by G G G View Post
              XDD Bro put here in her place and slap the sht out of her for real. My wife used to do this until one day I lost it, cornered her with my teeth grinding her forehead and I held her there with force as I whispered "you hooar, you know you couldnt vote at one point right u bish? dont make me go maidana on your ass" and I hit her with a right hook to the temple. She stormed of crying and she hasnt complained since
              Hahahahahaha! Man you full of shieeet! No way this happened, lol!

Comment

Brother,
                You are the man of the house and your son is looking up to you. Do not, absolutely do not allow this woman to break that relationship with your son. You want your kid to respect you, you want your kid to fight for his respect and defense his name, your name. You must tell that wife of yours that you have decided to allow your boy to watch boxing and UFC for the simple reason that you made that decision as the leader of that home. End of story. No need to explain anything to her! If you let her walk over you, brother, it is the end of not only your relationship with your boy but also your marriage. Deep down, she wants you to put her in her place, she is **** testing you brother. Don't fall for it. Get yourself back and she might even give you another son after that. If you do not gain the upper hand, her respect, she will withdraw sex and give herself to another man, a more dominant man.

Comment

look her dead in the eye and tell her to go cook dinner while the boys do boy things

Comment

I have tried telling her that this is the real world and you have to stand up for yourself.

She understands that a person has to stand up for themself, but what she doesn't understand is that sometimes you need violence in order to do it. She keeps saying that when she was a kid, she never had to hit anyone. She was always able to talk and address the situation.

She only believes in talking and "working it out". She keeps telling him to try talking to the kids that are picking on him and if they don't stop "go tell the teacher or principle what they are doing and they will handle it".

I was proud when he punched that kid in the face and gave him a bloody nose, but my wife was extremely upset, because like I said, she doesn't think violence is the answer to anything and was also mad at the fact that he didn't try talking to him. He said he just hit the kid because he was picking on him.
                    Bro! This is simple. Can't believe you asking this. This is family 101.

When your wife shouts at the child. Don't chastice her in front of the child even if you disagree with her. Let her say whatever to the child and then when the two of you are alone, sit down with her and explain to her men and women are not the same and they never will be. They are called the opposite sex for a reason.

How she as a woman solves disputes with other women aint the same as how men solve disputes with other men. Help her undersand that boys are different from girls, and deal with different challenges to girls in the playground.

Now, she will either listen to you, or she won't. If she doesn't listen, that's fine, there's a plan B, or a plan A2.

Plan A2/B: Again, let her rant and say whatever to the kid. Don't interupt her, don't chastice her, don't oppose her in front of the kid. Don't also say nothing, coz she'll jump on you and chasice you for not helping or backing her up.

So what do you do?

Back her up of course. Agree with her and also add some words to the kid, be a unit with her, be a team.

And THEN! When the kid is in his room sulking. Go to him, talk to him man to man. Tell him you had to agree with his mom at the time but you understand why he fought and why he will likely have to fight again. Tell him not to start fights and not be a bully, but always defend himself, and of course, make sure he understands that if his mother asks what you said to him, to tell her what she wants to hear, and not what you actually said.

This solves everything. Everyone is happy at the end.

Comment

Tell your wife that your son is not a sissy and that boxing will teach him valuable morals on how to conduct himself even with people he may be (verbally) fighting/having a conflict with.

Comment

Working...
                      X