Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Much Does Cheating Bother You?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah it bothers me some. I think the refs get caught up in the moment as well as everyone else when they really should be above it all.

Maybe one day they will have a committee overseeing the ref like they do in other sports.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
      I don't believe in the, "he did it first" argument when it comes to boxing. To me, it implies mental weakness, as if they are children that can't control their emotions so they're allowed to foul back if the other guy did it first.
      I believe in it in his case. Salido bashed his balls all night long and Lawrence Cole didn't say a word. Given that, I don't expect Loma to enter a fight where a guy starts fouling and not retaliate. I can't blame him for that at all. If the other guy fouls and the ref never calls it, then what are you gonna do? Just take it and not retaliate? That's not being a baby. That's choosing not to be a door mat.

Comment

It would not bother me if someone grabbed Andre Ward by the head and started kneeing him in the face in the middle of a match. I'm also ok with Bobby Pacquiao's low-blows due to the post-fight interview.

Comment

Does it bother me? It's cost me money! If a guy starts losing he can always low blow or headbutt himself out of trouble. Boxing has lost many fans over the hears to non enforcement of the rules. It's hurt the sport in untold ways.

Comment

Originally posted by chaosisme View Post
            It would not bother me if someone grabbed Andre Ward by the head and started kneeing him in the face in the middle of a match. I'm also ok with Bobby Pacquiao's low-blows due to the post-fight interview.

Comment

I don't believe in the, "he did it first" argument when it comes to boxing. To me, it implies mental weakness, as if they are children that can't control their emotions so they're allowed to foul back if the other guy did it first.
              Hard to believe you are even serious with that comment.

Comment

When it's a matter of getting gritty, I don't mind. In fact, I have more respect for vets that can get rough. It's impossible to discuss topic like this though because people's judgement of fouling is always directly related to who they were rooting for. Loma got gritty against Rigo and some people claim they didn't see it, yet these same people cried for a year about Ward against Kovalev.

There's also the fact that some people can't see differences in technique and intention. A Ward clinch is a very different thing than a Wlad clinch. One is combat, one is stalling.
                You like to contradict yourself, you say about fighter favoritism then state that a clinch can be different, a clinch is a clinch,, you should listen to your own opinion, a clinch merely interupts the flow of the fight

Comment

Originally posted by Shape up View Post
                  You like to contradict yourself, you say about fighter favoritism then state that a clinch can be different, a clinch is a clinch,, you should listen to your own opinion, a clinch merely interupts the flow of the fight
                  If you can't tell the difference between a tactical clinch that you fight through and hugging to stall the action, then you are simply ignorant to the science.

Comment

Boxing is already a dangerous sport. There is no place for cheating and fights that get caught should face severe consequences.

Comment

it takes away about 25-100% of the result of the fight, depending on the extent, seeing as there is a range of cheats.

Margarito-type cheating, 100% wrong.

if clenelo GGG had gone ahead, I'd have said 75% wrong, enough to void or reverse the result if it goes to the abuser.

if someone was fighting dirty (without doubt, say doing it more than once), I'd say 25% wrong, enough to tip the fight the other way in a close fight.Dirty is still a kind of cheating really, even if most do it.
                      Last edited by DreamFighter; 06-28-2018, 01:30 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X