On This Day: Chavez & Whitaker fight to a draw

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man oh man

Comment

And Wilfredo Rivera and Andrey Pestryaev were robbed when they fought "Sweet Coke" Whitaker.

So everyone crying about this, should just enjoy their sour grapes.

Comment

chavez done got whooped on in this fight,crooked ass wbc

Comment

Originally posted by Death_Adder View Post
          And Wilfredo Rivera and Andrey Pestryaev were robbed when they fought "Sweet Coke" Whitaker.

So everyone crying about this, should just enjoy their sour grapes.
          A robbery would insinuate that this fight was one sided which it wasn't.
          The draw seemed fair to me but I wouldn't have a problem with Whittaker winning by a narrow margin of 115-113.

Comment

I knew at least two people who stopped following boxing after this terrible decision.

Comment

A shame since I thought it was a good fight, particularly the first 7 or so rounds which were fairly competitive.

Comment

Originally posted by Dinamita 03 View Post
                A shame since I thought it was a good fight, particularly the first 7 or so rounds which were fairly competitive.
                Judges would have likely scored the 9th and 12th to Chavez and rightfully so but after the 7th Pernell was in charge for the most part but his work was tainted with his holding, unnecessary holding because he looked better when he was fighting out of the clinch, he lost himself the decision.

Comment

Working...
                X