No announcement yet.

Budget cuts revealed.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jim Jeffries View Post
    Nice, except the dems originally proposed only 4 billion in cuts, half of which was to the military, which seems odd considering we're currently in 3 wars. The only person who drew a line in the sand was Obama, over the funding of Planned Parenthood. Or else we'd be getting 61 billion in cuts, don't you think?

But you're right, these cuts are meaningless compared to the ones we're going to have to make to survive. As the car heads toward the cliff, the Repubs with their pinky on the brake and the Dems with both feet on the gas.
    That's why IMO the politicians need to all be cleaned out and lets get a mixture of regular folk and business people in there to make some common sense decisions. The two political party system is failing us.

Comment

Originally posted by withoutthee666 View Post
      Great, you're stupid and ignorant.....
      or
      Great, you are stupid and ignorant.....

As long as I have my sports, internet+****, and drugs, my life is better than yours. Ok Gonzales?
      Sports, internet, **** and drugs........the future is so bright there little Johnny.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingTech718 View Post
        That's why IMO the politicians need to all be cleaned out and lets get a mixture of regular folk and business people in there to make some common sense decisions. The two political party system is failing us.
        Yeah one of the biggest problems is that most politicians are stinking, ambulance chasing lawyers. Adept at BSing you into opening up your wallet and little else. Didn't always used to be that way, we used to have teachers, farmers, engineers - a truer cross section of society and more representative of the people.

The only problem with a third party, is you get a situation like AZ back in the 90s when Evan Mecham got elected with like 37% of the vote and the rest of the people had to recall the goofy fck. In Mexico they have even more parties and a guy can get elected with less than 30% of the vote.

There does need to be a serious restructuring of both parties. Both lie to us and instead of getting mad at them, we get mad at each other.

Comment

Republicans are almost as bad as Al Qaeda where sucking our economy dry is concerned. They want to cut taxes for their rich buddies while cutting social security and raises for hard working people.

Comment

well, having an impressive miliatary is a reason why no one attacks us in the first place. theres a reason why there are very few attacks on US soil, when someone goes after us we take the attack to their soil...definitely discourages countries from attacking you when they know their country will be the warground.

however, I do agree that we are being spread too thin. its not always necessary to have so many troops in such remote areas. but there is a fine line you have to draw. It would be wonderful to assume that we could just let our military fall to waste and everything would be great, but unfortunately the world doesnt work like that. just something to keep in mind.

however, I do believe the spending on troops in non-hostile areas is excessive and needs some rethinking. we could save a lot of cash from that. also thumbs down for no cuts to medicare.

Im so tired of our political parties. they both get in the way of real progression. lets have all the best minds in the government, not a stupid fight over power with equally biased 'teams'. its garbage and brings down the country.

Comment

The rich will get richer and the poor will try to find a way to survive.

I wonder how many billions of dollars, and lives might be saved if we brought our troops back home and let foreign affairs be handled by the foreign people themselves.

Or how many billions of dollars could be earned by taxing these multi million/billion dollar companies that get huge tax breaks while the poor are taxed more.

I grew up thinking that America was the best place in the world. Through the years with what I've seen happening and what I've learned is that America is indeed the best place on this earth, if you are wealthy. If you are not you will be taken advantage of and really have no say in what happens. To me this country is much better under the rule of the democrats, that seems to be the people for the people. Under the rule of the republicans it is the people for the large corporations.

Democrat- A word derived from Democracy which is supposed to be the United States.

Republican- A word derived from Republic. The Republic of the United States.... The word works much better as the Republic of China.............Rockin'

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
                The rich will get richer and the poor will try to find a way to survive.

I wonder how many billions of dollars, and lives might be saved if we brought our troops back home and let foreign affairs be handled by the foreign people themselves.

Or how many billions of dollars could be earned by taxing these multi million/billion dollar companies that get huge tax breaks while the poor are taxed more.

I grew up thinking that America was the best place in the world. Through the years with what I've seen happening and what I've learned is that America is indeed the best place on this earth, if you are wealthy. If you are not you will be taken advantage of and really have no say in what happens. To me this country is much better under the rule of the democrats, that seems to be the people for the people. Under the rule of the republicans it is the people for the large corporations.

Democrat- A word derived from Democracy which is supposed to be the United States.

Republican- A word derived from Republic. The Republic of the United States.... The word works much better as the Republic of China.............Rockin'
                That's great. Just four problems (at least) First, the poor don't pay income taxes in this country, haven't for some time. Second, the US isn't a democracy, it's a constitutional republic. Third, the economy is too shaky right now, and unemployment too high, to think about stealing more money from the "evil rich." Fourth, even if you tax 100% of all income above 250K, we still couldn't balance the budget, without some serious spending cuts.
                Last edited by Jim Jeffries; 04-14-2011, 06:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X