Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The feeling in Tyson Fury's camp is that he's signed his own death warrant.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just wondering when the Windmill team will start their usual PED accusations and demand testing

Comment

Originally posted by SuperHanz View Post
      Fury has been abusing alcohol & blowing up and down in weight his entire career, as well as experiencing depression, it's not something that's suddenly come about.

My point is, everyone dismissed Fury's chances before the Wlad fight for the same reasons as now, basically that Wlad hits too hard and Fury isn't prepared enough.
      If Wilder was some elite boxer i'd probably say the same, but he's not. He's a mediocre boxer with a big punch, that's all.

It's a 50/50 fight and that's only because it'll be Fury's first proper fight after his absence. If it was left to marinate for another 12 months i'd say it's 80-20 for Fury.
      As you probably remember, I was very confident that Fury would beat Vlad, but I don't feel the same way about his chances with Wilder.

Tyson put on a lot of weight during his long lay-off after the 2 Haye fights fell through, and Peter Fury told him not to even try losing it all during camp for his come-back fight vs Abel, because it was better to come in over-weight and fresh, than on weight, but drained from losing it.

Tyson has now had 2 camps, back to back, with only a week off in between, which were all about losing weight, and to me, he looked drained against Pianeta. He's dropped what - 60 or 70 lbs during the space of about 6 months, and the Wilder fight is only 3 months away, so he isn't going to get a real rest and recuperation break before starting camp for that one.

He didn't look sharp enough against Pianeta for me to be confident of him evading Wilder's long range bombs for 12 rounds.

That wouldn't worry me so much if I didn't know that the ref, as well as the judges, are going to be pro Wilder, the same as they were in the Wilder/Ortiz fight, so the option of getting in close and using his weight and superior in-fighting skills to wear the lighter man down, like he did with Cunningham, probably won't be there for Tyson against Wilder.

Wilder can't fight on the inside, and Fury can, so you can bet your life that the ref will be jumping in and pulling Fury off every time he gets up close to give Wilder a better chance to land something big.
      Last edited by kafkod; 08-20-2018, 11:42 AM.

Comment

Who was around here before the Wlad fight? Some people have very short memories.

Before the Wlad fight, everybody was saying the same thing, Fury is a bum, no skills, Wlad is too good, too big, too strong, too much power, Fury won't be able to keep him off him, blah blah. Fury needs to fight someone bigger, Fury needs to fight someone else to keep busy, Chisora & Hammer are not adequate prep, blah blah blah.

Sound familiar?
        Wilder isnt almost 40

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
          Wilder isnt almost 40
          Yeah, HWs are done by the time they are almost 40 - except for Luis Ortiz, of course.

Comment

I remember when Larry X was a young man.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
              Yeah, HWs are done by the time they are almost 40 - except for Luis Ortiz, of course.
              Ortiz is just another victim for Wilder nothing more nothing less

Comment

Fury's going to save the face of British boxing? Man, I can't wait to see this.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
                  As you probably remember, I was very confident that Fury would beat Vlad, but I don't feel the same way about his chances with Wilder.

Tyson put on a lot of weight during his long lay-off after the 2 Haye fights fell through, and Peter Fury told him not to even try losing it all during camp for his come-back fight vs Abel, because it was better to come in over-weight and fresh, than on weight, but drained from losing it.

Tyson has now had 2 camps, back to back, with only a week off in between, which were all about losing weight, and to me, he looked drained against Pianeta. He's dropped what - 60 or 70 lbs during the space of about 6 months, and the Wilder fight is only 3 months away, so he isn't going to get a real rest and recuperation break before starting camp for that one.

He didn't look sharp enough against Pianeta for me to be confident of him evading Wilder's long range bombs for 12 rounds.

That wouldn't worry me so much if I didn't know that the ref, as well as the judges, are going to be pro Wilder, the same as they were in the Wilder/Ortiz fight, so the option of getting in close and using his weight and superior in-fighting skills to wear the lighter man down, like he did with Cunningham, probably won't be there for Tyson against Wilder.

Wilder can't fight on the inside, and Fury can, so you can bet your life that the ref will be jumping in and pulling Fury off every time he gets up close to give Wilder a better chance to land something big.
                  a very astute and honest comment fella....even though i have never been a big fan of fury as you welll know m8.
                  Like you noted i also saw the real lack of pop and zip in his punches....He litterally had none.
                  I want him to win because he is one of our own m8 but i don't think its going to end to well for him if he cannnot improve drastically from saturday nights performance.

Comment

Working...
                  X