Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a genetic difference between black and white boxers?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a genetic difference between black and white boxers?

I know in sprinting there is some truth to racial differences eg research has shown a small percentage of Afro Caribbeans tend to have an advantage albeit slight due to genetic differences.

Likewise scientific studies have show certain groups of black people have higher bone density etc linked to their white counterparts.

Then there is the environmental debate as to why black people tend to have a high proportion of participants in certain sports eg as a way out of poverty.Hence boxing was a way out for lot of black people similar to other sports although things are changing.

Personally environment may have a big part to play in it though there maybe other factors as well eg environmental eg think of the nature (genes)/nurture (environment)debate with regards to why we have the personality we do.I think the same theory can be used in this debate as well.Hence whether we like it or not environment does shape us physically. Look at humans and animals for one and how they they adapt to their environment. Hence black peoples skin is dark as a way of protecting them against the sun .Likewise Chinese/Eskimo people have evolved slitty eyes to protect them against the sun.

Be interested to hear other views especially those who have been in the boxing game ?
    Last edited by Richard; 12-13-2019, 06:01 PM.

Canelo is a mix of them all, more than ANdre Ward.

T-1000 recognizes real.

Comment

Originally posted by Ricky12 View Post
      I know in sprinting there is some truth to racial differences eg research has shown a small percentage of Afro Caribbeans tend to have an advantage albeit slight due to genetic differences. Michael Johnson also done a program on this prior to the London 2012 Olympics and the programme showed there was a mixture of genetic, environmental and even historical factors as to why Jamaicans tend to well in sprinting eg the slave trade produced a stronger concentration of healthier people eg linked to survival of the fittest.

Likewise scientific studies have show certain groups of black people have higher bone density etc linked to their white counterparts.

Then there is the environmental debate as to why black people tend to have a high proportion of participants in certain sports eg as a way out of poverty.Hence boxing was a way out for lot of black people similar to other sports although things are changing.

Personally environment may have a big part to play in it though there maybe other factors as well eg environmental eg think of the nature (genes)/nurture (environment)debate with regards to why we have the personality we do.I think the same theory can be used in this debate as well.Hence whether we like it or not environment does shape us physically. Look at humans and animals for one and how they they adapt to their environment. Hence black peoples skin is dark as a way of protecting them against the sun .Likewise Chinese/Eskimo people have evolved slitty eyes to protect them against the sun.

Be interested to hear other views especially those who have been in the boxing game ?
      I find that the GENETIC debate is sometimes used to discredit black athletes. Michael Johnson regrets making that documentary about the slave trade, so? You are going to use the slave trade to explain African people's achievements 'Ridiculous'. Not the entirety of African was enslaved during the slave trade.

Yes genetics play a part, but show me a white basketball player with Michael Jordan's work ethic? Also what stood out mostly about Floyd Mayweather 'Again it was his immense work ethic and attention to detail'.

But of course yes genetics play a part, but it is a boring subject and gets overused.

Comment

Get a life!

Comment

Originally posted by PRINCEKOOL View Post
          I find that the GENETIC debate is sometimes used to discredit black athletes. Michael Johnson regrets making that documentary about the slave trade, so? You are going to use the slave trade to explain African people's achievements 'Ridiculous'. Not the entirety of African was enslaved during the slave trade.

Yes genetics play a part, but show me a white basketball player with Michael Jordan's work ethic? Also what stood out mostly about Floyd Mayweather 'Again it was his immense work ethic and attention to detail'.

But of course yes genetics play a part, but it is a boring subject and gets overused.
          Youve made some fair points though but genetics does still have some effect . A white person for instance has only recently run under 100 metres which further adds to the genetic interplay in sports.Likewise sports scientists analysed Kenyan runners against their white counterparts who were aged in their 30s who had been training most of their lives.The young Kenyan runners with little training beat their white counterparts due to higher haemoglobin levels in the blood.
          Last edited by Richard; 12-13-2019, 06:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BangEM View Post
            Get a life!
            I have .You should get one as well.

Comment

Sure. But it has nothing to do with skin color. Black americans may have the best athletes(kinesthically wise), but it’s not because they are black. Black africans lack in that regard. Whites from different regions, also vary in genetic advantages.

The body adapts, is all you need to know, there’s no racial superiority.

Comment

If i had to guess i'd say American athletes are pumped full of growth hormone on some **** when in highschool.

Comment

of course there is, everyone is different.

the real question is this though: why is it always black vs white? bring asians, arabs, central and southern americans into the equation, australian aboriginals, central asians etc. etc. etc. lets go through everyone

Comment

Originally posted by Ricky12 View Post
                    Its not ridiculous though with regards to the slave trade hence this may of played a small part with regards to some genetic differences amongst the people of the day although this has obviously been watered down and play a very negligible part now when its translated to sports eg boxing but there is a iota of truth in it .Animals for instance certain breeds of dogs have been selectively bred for their strength characteristics .

Youve made some fair points though but genetics does still have some effect . A white person for instance has only recently run under 100 metres which further adds to the genetic interplay in sports.Likewise sports scientists analysed Kenyan runners against their white counterparts who were aged in their 30s who had been training most of their lives.The young Kenyan runners with little training beat their white counterparts due to higher haemoglobin levels in the blood.
                    Genetics play a part, but what I am stating is? The slave trade is not the sole reason as to why there are great African athletes 'It is scientific racism, and is a way to continually Discredit black athletes'. If you look at sports as a whole African athletes have been the pioneers continually, in ways beyond just mere physical performance.

Have you ever been to Africa? Have you seen the terrain? You are aware that African people have been on this earth for a much longer time than white people? The slave trade and white people are not responsible for the production of Great black athletes. The way you are speaking, it is as if white people created black people.

It is a boring subject.
                    Last edited by PRINCEKOOL; 12-13-2019, 08:25 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X