Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How come its so hard to build new PPV stars?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How come its so hard to build new PPV stars?

Pacquiao and Floyd are the last crossover stars

Canelo is up thre but his name isnt really household in America. I feel if he spoke English he would be a huge mega star but he refuses to learn English

Most people I know dont order his fights unless they are mexican decent or latino, but with Pac and Floyd they had people from all races in America buying their fights, same with Oscar

why is it hard for these younger boxers to become stars on ppv you would think it would be easier with the social media and internet

Is it because they just dont have that It factor to them nothing unique to their style or personality?

Pacquiao was a berserker non stop come forward wild man with no fear, Floyd was a brash talking villian, Oscar the pretty golden boy.

None of these younger guys really stand out.

Because mma is creating the combat stars like Conor, Ronda, Brock etc

Boxing isn’t there anymore and needs major help

Comment

How long were Manny n Floyd fighting before they became stars?

Its gon take time. We in a transitional phase rn..all the stars retired and the new ones dont have rivals to build their names yet.

Comment

Good fighters might help.

Comment

It's hard because the quality of fights offered don't justify a PPV. Who needs a PPV anyway? If you are a fan, you don't wish for it all.

Comment

I'll never understand why paying $75+ to watch a fight on TV makes it more enjoyable for some of you guys. Who cares if there's a PPV star? PPV isn't good for boxing, it's good for cable company's and promoter's wallets.

Comment

Originally posted by lparm View Post

Why do people keep saying this on this website?The only people I think people check for are mcgregor and that’s pretty much it. And Rhonda left so I don’t see them doing much better than boxing if they are doing better at all.

Comment

Originally posted by lparm View Post

Ronda and Brock are in the WWE, and Conor is basically done with fighting at this point, try again

Comment

Why cant they just be stars instead of PPV stars? PPV is on its way out.

We need stars who fight on Fox,cbs, and espn.

Im not paying for no god dam ppv unless they look like Don King’s cards in the 90s.

We dont need to pay for PPVs today.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
                    It's hard because the quality of fights offered don't justify a PPV. Who needs a PPV anyway? If you are a fan, you don't wish for it all.
                    The fighters do. This is why I think boxing does not get the fights they want because the fighters want a certain amount of money that regular networks can’t provide with out ppv especially if it’s 2 stars fighting each other. For example there is no way Mikey would fight Errol without Ppv.

Sad part is that’s why when we get an remotely competitive fight they throw it on Ppv or the fighters fight a someone we the fans are not interested in who won’t mind getting paid decent while the a side gets the lion share without problems in the negotiations.

Comment

Working...
                    X